Impedance question for 2 speaker pairs / impedance matched wall control

Feb 28, 2018
Looking to confirm a configuration for an existing wired setup that is 'buried' in the walls / behind BIBS insulation setup. I have two speaker pairs terminating in the same wall control box and then fed to an amplifier through a single L / R connection. With an impedance matched wall control is it 'safe' to drive both pairs connected n parallel via the same inputs?

Solution
Ya, if you run the 2 speaker pairs on your A channel with the switch configured as 2 speaker pairs, then they should run as an 8 ohm load..no problem.
If you are only doing a single pair to your B channel, and those speakers are 8 ohms, then you wouldn't require a switch. Per the back of your Onkyo, you can run both A and B channels simultaneously with 8 ohm loads on both.

dudio

Admirable
If you run in parellel, the speakers' impedences are halved ( 8 ohms become 4.. 6 ohm become 3..)
You need to know all the speakers impedence ratings, and the amp/receivers tolerance. After you do the math,
it is ideal to be after the wall control to tweak it if you have to.

Feb 28, 2018
thank you - to provide more detail I have 2 speakers pairs with each speaker identical / rated at 8 ohms. The wall control is an AudioSource AE100VC and set to the x2 jumper per instructions for 2 speaker pairs. The amp is an oknyo TX-8270 and this config will be run into the A channel on the amp. assume I do not need to configure the channel for an 4 ohm load given the wall control settting? I also plan to run another wall control single speaker pair (8 ohms) in to channel B. Is each channel independent from a impedance standpoint for config?

dudio

Admirable
Ya, if you run the 2 speaker pairs on your A channel with the switch configured as 2 speaker pairs, then they should run as an 8 ohm load..no problem.
If you are only doing a single pair to your B channel, and those speakers are 8 ohms, then you wouldn't require a switch. Per the back of your Onkyo, you can run both A and B channels simultaneously with 8 ohm loads on both.

Solution