Improving bluetooth emission with a usb dongle?

Haitch

Estimable
Mar 3, 2015
Hi!
I have a 2,5 year old laptop which already has built-in bluetooth. However, I've just acquired bluetooth headphones and when I pair them to the laptop and stream sound, it gets frequently interrupted (I lose signal) as I move about the room or change the position of my head. I have tried pairing the headphones with the ipod and it works wonderfully: I can move all over the house without losing signal. So, my question is: will my laptop's bluetooth signal improve if I buy a usb class 1 dongle (and hence be able to listen to music without annoying signal interruptions), or are the dongles just used to provide bluetooth capabilities to laptops which didn't have any in the first place?

Thanks!

Solution
You can certainly try a different dongle- you may have to disable the internal one first. My experience has been that bluetooth works well with Apple and Android, but is just terrible in Windows. Windows just does not work well with bluetooth devices-it has trouble pairing, drops connections. I have used several bluetooth adapters both internal and dongle and have never gotten things working well. I could just be unlucky.

Calculagator

Estimable
Nov 18, 2014
You can certainly try a different dongle- you may have to disable the internal one first. My experience has been that bluetooth works well with Apple and Android, but is just terrible in Windows. Windows just does not work well with bluetooth devices-it has trouble pairing, drops connections. I have used several bluetooth adapters both internal and dongle and have never gotten things working well. I could just be unlucky.

Solution