improving my gaming pc and a overheating/noice issue

Nathan55

Estimable
Jan 29, 2016
Hello I have a custom built gaming pc that I had built for me awhile ago, and it's time for a bit of an upgrade.

system specs:

• Z77 Extreme 4 motherboard
    8 intel(R) core(TM) i7-3770k @3.50GHz
    Geforce GTX 560 Ti
    Intel(R) HD graphics 4000 (not connected to my monitor)
    16GB of RAM
    1000GB hard drive
    700W power supply
    CM Storm Scout 2 Advanced - Gaming Mid Tower Computer Case with Carrying Handle and Windowed Side Panel - Black
I know I really need a new video card but I'm on a fairly tight budget and I'm not sure what to get for my money. Also I'm not sure if I should update anything else. I want to be able to play games the newest games such as star citizen easily, which as of now I can only play on the lower setting.

My overheating/noise problem:
The temperature of my GPU reaches 95 degrees Celsius when I run games such as Attila total war, and the fans become very loud. The only thing that I think might be causing this is not having the Intel(R) HD graphics 4000 attached to my monitor, but I have never tested this. Other than this I have no idea what could be causing this. Also, besides the fan attached to the motherboard, and the power supply, I only have one fan blowing the air out the back. I think that's enough but i don't exactly know all too much about this stuff.

I would much appreciate any help or suggestions concerning upgrading my PC and/or my overheating/noise issue.

Solution
Only think you may want to do is upgrade the video card. For that CPU you can go up pretty much as high as you have the budget for.
For a simple plug and play upgrade, a GTX 970 is a good middle ground between maxing out performance in your system and price.

Another upgrade may be a solid state hard drive.

You don't want to have both the onboard and video card displays attached to the same monitor, just use the video card.

Also clean out the case, and if the system if a bit older maybe clean up the CPU heatsink and apply new heat grease.
Only think you may want to do is upgrade the video card. For that CPU you can go up pretty much as high as you have the budget for.
For a simple plug and play upgrade, a GTX 970 is a good middle ground between maxing out performance in your system and price.

Another upgrade may be a solid state hard drive.

You don't want to have both the onboard and video card displays attached to the same monitor, just use the video card.

Also clean out the case, and if the system if a bit older maybe clean up the CPU heatsink and apply new heat grease.

Solution