In ASUS X555LA-XX092D laptop hard Disk not detecting in laptop while installing windows.

fandu007

Estimable
Aug 30, 2015
recently purchased ASUS X555LA-XX092D laptop and it comes with free dos so i tried to install windows 10 through pendrive.After deleting free dos partitions and creating new partitions in windows 10 setup the process hangs at copying windows file at 0% for 40 minutes and later it restarts.
Than i again tried to install windows but this time it showing no harddisk to install.So i go to bios and see harddisk is not showing in boot options then i disabled security boot and enabled launched CSM and then in boot options it starts showing every boot option like CD rom and USB drive and UEFI usb except bootmanager harddisk.And in SATA priorities it shows CD rom on sata port 1 and empty on sata port zero (not showing harddisk)and not showing an option to change AHCI to IDE,it only showing AHCI.
So the dealer replaced this laptop because he cant understand the issue and i am facing this same issue in this new laptop also.Same two laptops cannot be defected.Please help me.Why harddisk is not showing and what should i do.

Hi fandu007,

Just have couple of question so we can really identify the real problem and so we might come up with the right solution:

1. How did you format the drive were the old Windows was installed?
2. Have you tried running Windows 10 installer inside the old windows that your PC came in with?

Possible solution to this issue:

1. Installing Windows 10 inside the old Windows that the PC came in with.
2. After Windows 10 has been installed you can delete the old Windows folder (optional)