In my device manager my webcam is not there, how do I find it. I have an Asus laptop and OS is windows 7, please help

MyLadyAlexis

Commendable
Jan 28, 2017
I have an asus laptop and it is running windows 7. It used to run on windows 8 but I had that erased and cleaned. I then had windows 7 installed. Anyway, I used to be able to just pull up the webcam with windows 8 no problem but now with windows 7 it doesn't even show up ANYWHERE on my laptop. I found a website that tested my webcam and it says it works fine,,,,, trouble is where the heck is on my laptop? It isn't even on my device manager at all. Can someone PLEASE help, after weeks and weeks of searching for it Im at my wits end.

Solution
Some items are plug and play some are not. Even the ones marked "Plug & Play" sometimes don't play after you plug them in.

Find the model of your web cam, Google that number with the Make, and find the latest drivers. Download those and install. You'll then see your webcam in the Device Manager.

Blackink

Estimable
Apr 27, 2014
Some items are plug and play some are not. Even the ones marked "Plug & Play" sometimes don't play after you plug them in.

Find the model of your web cam, Google that number with the Make, and find the latest drivers. Download those and install. You'll then see your webcam in the Device Manager.

Solution