Question Inexpensive OTA tuner with quality program menu

Mar 30, 2022
I cut the cord a couple months ago and am using an antenna for local programs and am looking for a TV Tuner/Decoder with a quality program guide. I’ve done a lot of research and tried a couple different models but haven’t found what I’m looking for. I know there are a few out there for $150 or more but they do so much more than I need or want, really all I’m looking for is:

• I want a good intuitive program menu – So I assume the unit will need to have the capability to connect to my home network
  • DVR capability is nice but not a major requirement for me
  • Prefer under $100
I have used a couple different $30-$50 decoders which work well but they’ve lacked any type of quality program menu.

I have a VIZIO E70 which is just a monitor and doesn’t have a tuner, has limited preloaded apps and doesn’t give me the ability to install new apps. I have tried the Tablo Lite but I had to install their app on a firestick which added a couple extra steps to get into my local TV Programs. Also, I didn’t care for the Tablo as every channel it asked if I wanted to DVR it. I just want to surf through the channels without having to hit yes/no to recording every time I change channels.

So bottom line is I’m looking for a cheap inexpensive Tuner/Decoder to plug my antenna into with the ability to connect to a home network and if it had a clock on the face that would be a bonus… Any suggestions?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Streaming Video & TVs 0
K Streaming Video & TVs 0
X Streaming Video & TVs 1
M Streaming Video & TVs 2
S Streaming Video & TVs 1
C Streaming Video & TVs 1
K Streaming Video & TVs 4
R Streaming Video & TVs 2
D Streaming Video & TVs 1
F Streaming Video & TVs 1
M Streaming Video & TVs 1