saim072

Estimable
Jun 5, 2014
Hey Everyone!
I am using A Yamaha Rx v1000 home theatre which does not have a hdmi in or out. And I am planning to buy a Sony smart led with optical out.
My questions are as follows -
1. If I play 5.1 file from pen drive through led will it pass 100% audio without audio drop through Optical Out.
2. If I give hdmi out from my blue ray player to the led will it pass 5.1 audio and without audio loss through optical Out to my home theatre.

And please tell me good Smart Sony led with which support Multi format and has optical out of 32" or 43" as setting bigger then these will not be possible.

Any Information will pe appreciated.
Thank You

Solution
TV typically do not passthru surround information to your receiver in this manner, you get only stereo.

Wo upgrading your receiver, you must provide a separate digital audio path from Components, say your BR player directly to the receiver optical in, for full surround.

I call this configuration: TV Switches Video, Receiver Switches Audio.

On your next receiver upgrade with multiple HDMI/Optical inputs, IT THEN will do full AV switching as standard.
TV typically do not passthru surround information to your receiver in this manner, you get only stereo.

Wo upgrading your receiver, you must provide a separate digital audio path from Components, say your BR player directly to the receiver optical in, for full surround.

I call this configuration: TV Switches Video, Receiver Switches Audio.

On your next receiver upgrade with multiple HDMI/Optical inputs, IT THEN will do full AV switching as standard.

Solution
If your TV will pass surround sound there will be a place to select that in the TV audio or set up menu.
If your HTS supports lossless audio such as Dolby TrueHD then you want the BD player connected to it with HDMI and the HTS HDMI output connected to the TV. You might get Dolby Digital when playing the BD through the TV but not Dolby TrueHD.