Inside LCD Crack in ASUS laptop

sunzeal

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2009
I brought Asus k53sv 28 days back, it was working fine. I was using to check my emails and later when i turned on the laptop again ( 20 minutes after ) there was strange patch on the left hand corner of the screen.

It seems like crack, but there is no crack on the screen from the outside when I move my hand over the screen it is smooth nor there is any other mark anywhere on the laptop.

PFA Photos of the screen and the top of laptop.

I am not sure what it is O.O

http://i43.tinypic.com/2e30llk.jpg
http://i44.tinypic.com/14ccuvr.jpg

sunzeal

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2009
oh, i just got it like 28 days back.

Their is replacement warranty from shop itself, but they don't give replacement for physical damage, so can i get replacement for this laptop as their is no problem from outside ??

COLGeek

Cybernaut

You won't know until you try. But be sure to point that out (no physical damage).

gregcky

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2011
This occurs when you apply too much pressure to a part of the screen. That screen is broken and needs to be replaced. Hopefully you can return the laptop to the retailer you purchased it from. If you have accidental insurance on the laptop (thats always extra through the manufacturer itself) you will be covered, however if you didnt purchase extra insurance it will be impossible for the MFR to replace it. Good luck, that's pretty shitty to get a new laptop and break it like that right away..feel your pain, my older laptop got "thumbed" by my brother a few weeks ago.

gregcky

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2011
If all else fails, you could try to purchase accidental insurance on the laptop through Asus, then wait a week or so and put a claim in..kinda shady but then again *** asus, they make billions.

sunzeal

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2009
but to be true i had never applied any pressure, it was working fine but when i came back after dinner i got that problem.

Their is no damage from outside of the screen :(

BTW, does it cover under the warranty ?

PS : I think its ASUS bad quality, lot of people are facing same problem as me even when they did not do anything, i think Asus has bad quality of Displays.

Not sure, but if they don't fix it i will be going to Consumer Court, all 100% of case of such LCD problems cannot be due to physical damage or heat :(

Lynney

Honorable
Feb 12, 2012

Hi I have a asus laptop bought june 2011 and working fine this morning then when i turned it on later it had a crack on screen it is a K53SJ took it back as it is under warranty and they told me they dont cover it , i was really annoyed as they couldnt find what caused it told me to go through home insurance Lynne

Hi :)

Thats good advice...

I own a Laptop repair company in the UK and we see a lot of screens like this for replacement...

Someone DID pick up the laptop where that mark is with too much pressure....its the only thing that causes that particular fault....

BUT...it could have been someone at the factory.....not you....that effect CAN be delayed by days or weeks before it appears...

All the best Brett :)