Insider Claims Microsoft Was Kicked Out of Future CES Shows

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Wow, love em or hate me, arguably one of the biggest and most profitable names in Consumer Electronics pulls out of the most important Consumer Electronics trade shows in the world, ostensibly for vindictive reasons.

Finally, we can switch to BeOS and feel good about it.

G

I'm willing to believe they were kicked out of the keynote, sure, but that doesn't mean they were booted from the show. Besides, CEA is the big loser here because it's going to cost them a lot of money. Who's gonna fill that empty floor space?

G

Ha! Let's face it. Microsoft bowed out of the show because they no longer have anything to show. It would look pretty conspicuous having a booth but having nothing in it worth a plug nickel. Microsoft's technology has slipped light years behind. They are the most glaring example we have of a major business player dropping the ball.

cookoy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
Microsoft is one of the bigger, if not the biggest, circus act of CES and Balmer is the top clown. i really doubt the CES would just kick them out. Too bad the article did not say what the good reason is.

unionoob

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2011
[citation][nom]badaxe2[/nom]Apple will probably get their spot, watch.[/citation]

Apple might, but don't think it will happen because they got nothing to offer in such large place unless they want to open new mac store... but really I think they will stick with there presentation shows which are giving more then enough fame and customers love them.

I think Microsoft might do there own exp, with Nokia and Skype with them they might have more then enough products to offer and handle it.

G

When I think of "Consumer Electronics", Microsoft doesn't really come to mind.

Audio/Video Home Automation etc... nearly all of these have "remote" apps for iPhones.

I think Microsoft keeps missing the boat.

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
[citation][nom]badaxe2[/nom]Apple will probably get their spot, watch.[/citation]

Apple would never do the head act at CES, its doubtful they will even have a booth after withdrawing from the event in the 12th hour last year. I think its because of the naughty bits show across the street at the same time every year.

zloginet

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2008
Fug um all... too many products are out for any one person to need. Really... just let us use something long enough to enjoy... Change is good but Change of chance is retarded... Let us row down the road for a bit.... Let me see, iPad11 is soon because iPad2 just wasn't enough.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
Un-named source is another way of saying unreliable source, hell I could make up anything I wanted with anonymity but it doesn't make it true
Let's give it a try and see if this story does the rounds on tech websites for the next week or so...
Un-named source claims that Google is reducing its carbon footprint by powering its server farms by roasting the souls of dead babies
See how easy that was?

Status
Not open for further replies.