Inspiron 5520 Screen Transparent Blue

eustacia6

Estimable
Dec 7, 2015
Hi,

My Inspiron 5520 screen has started to turn a bright blue depending on the angle of the screen. The blue is see through - you can still see and use the computer normally, just with a blue overlay in different sections. I can sometimes get the blue to go away by adjusting the angle of the screen. I'm guessing it's some kind of short or cable issue between the base of the computer and the screen? Anyone have any ideas? I've tried researching but only find "blue screen of death" which seems to be more like a solid blue screen. If anyone knows the name of what might be broken, that would be great.

Thanks!

Solution
Hi,

Do test it first by connecting an external monitor and see if the same problem will happen with it because if it does that means it's not just the screen that has the problem but the graphics card itself. If it will not happen using an external monitor you may need to open the laptop and make sure that the ribbon cable connecting the LCD to the motherboard is connected properly. If the same problem will happen after reseating the ribbon cable you may need to get a different cable because more likely that's the problem.
Hi,

Do test it first by connecting an external monitor and see if the same problem will happen with it because if it does that means it's not just the screen that has the problem but the graphics card itself. If it will not happen using an external monitor you may need to open the laptop and make sure that the ribbon cable connecting the LCD to the motherboard is connected properly. If the same problem will happen after reseating the ribbon cable you may need to get a different cable because more likely that's the problem.

Solution