Install an SSD with windows 7 in a Toshiba satellite E45 with Windows 8.1

BFP1956

Prominent
May 5, 2017
How do I replace my Hard Drive in a Toshiba E 45 with windows 8.1 with a PNY 120gig SSD with windows 7 ?

Solution
Is the SSD fresh? Are do you have to install Windows 7? I would swap the hard drives, isntall Windows 7. Then you would need some sort of enclosure (>$10) to communicate with the laptop. This will allow you to drag and drop documents. However, dragging and dropping PROGRAMS will NOT work since it was installed on a different C: drive and the registry is built differently. You will have to reinstall the programs, and there is NO WAY around this.

Herc08

Respectable
Aug 6, 2016
Is the SSD fresh? Are do you have to install Windows 7? I would swap the hard drives, isntall Windows 7. Then you would need some sort of enclosure (>$10) to communicate with the laptop. This will allow you to drag and drop documents. However, dragging and dropping PROGRAMS will NOT work since it was installed on a different C: drive and the registry is built differently. You will have to reinstall the programs, and there is NO WAY around this.

Solution

BFP1956

Prominent
May 5, 2017