Install Windows 8 on Android Intel Tablet

JoshBTech

Honorable
Nov 20, 2013
Hey everyone,
I have an Android 4.2 tablet that runs on an Intel Atom processor (the Asus Memo Pad fHD 10). Can you install Windows 8 Pro on an SD Card and run Windows 8 on this device? Thank you all in advance for the help.

Lahbib

Honorable
Jan 25, 2014

Have you found a way to get windows on the tablet?

noisavni

Honorable
Jan 28, 2014
It is possible. Someone needs to recompile the asus bootloader unlock for x86, install something like clockwork or twrp2 to help with flashing a win 8 image, and also the android / linux drivers might need to be extracked from the asus source and ported to win 8. I'm tryig to get developers interested on xda but I don't know anyone working on it yet.

g-unit1111

Distinguished

But most processors - the Qualcomm Snapdragon and NVIDIA Tegra 3/4 being the most popular - aren't coded to x86 specifications. Even if you could root / break the device, it still won't run Windows fully. On most cell phones and tablet devices the operating system is encoded into the BIOS. Even if it were technically possible, there's no way you could theoretically break the device to run the operating system you want. Try running a program like that on a Microsoft Surface RT - it can't be done.

It is technically possible to install Win 8 on an Android tablet that uses an Intel Bay Trail Atom CPU since Bay Trail is a x64 CPU and uses a software translation layer which allows the CPU to process Android instructions that were designed to run with ARM based processor.

g-unit1111

Distinguished

Well that is true, but why not just get a Windows 8 Bay Trail tablet and save the hassle? :lol:

Prince-W

Estimable
Mar 28, 2014

it's possible, but the processor's cache memory is too small. i bet it will unable to perform well on this device. there will be a limited storage for Windows OS. overall, it's not recommended to give it a try.

truegenius

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2011
It is possible
you can run windows or any other os in android too
just likle you do in pc using vmware or any other virtualization software

here is a link in which you can learn how to run xp on andoird
they ran xp on xperia tipo
http://www.legitinformation.com/run-real-desktop-windows-on-android-mobile/

i tried windows 95 on my xperia L and it ran very fast
nest i will try to attach keyboard, mouse and pen with my otg enabled mobile (Xperia L support otg after rooting) and i will see if i can use all the peripherals in windows 95 that i am running in my Xperia L
if it does keyboard then it will be enough to play some old favorite windows game on my xperia L

pmthokku

Estimable
Jun 21, 2014

Because with the same intel bay trail chipset there will be low priced (think $99+) android tablets but windows would cost way more:
http://lazure2.wordpress.com/2013/10/16/why-intel-is-pressed-to-go-as-far-down-as-to-99-with-its-android-tablet-prices-but-not-with-windows-8-1/

Kahung Chim

Estimable
Dec 6, 2014

Kahung Chim

Estimable
Dec 6, 2014
Yes,you can(but it is windows 8.1 with bing).find roms on web.I find one.You need:intel manufacturing flash tool to1.12,then find a windows 8.1 rom,an OTG usb,ADB tools(can use 15 seconds adb installer),and UEFI BIOS.
steps:
1:use intel manufacturing flash tool to flash to 1.12
2:install UEFI to your android tablet.
3:put your windows 8.1 rom to OTG usb
4:wait
5:DONE!

esckey1234

Honorable
Jun 8, 2012

could you go into a little more detail about this please? I cannot find a guide using your method. what exactly is 1.12? android? windows? please shoot me an email

mahmowd

Estimable
Jan 23, 2015

Milan Nikolov

Estimable
Nov 8, 2014

Will this work on ASUS MemoPad 7 (me70c)? ASUS MemoPad 7 have Intel Atom 1.2 GHz, 1GB of RAM...

Milan Nikolov

Estimable
Nov 8, 2014
You can't install Windows 8 on SD Card.

hammamzeadiy

Estimable
Feb 13, 2015