Solved! Installing Android on Kindle Fire 7 2019

Hkcuong

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2009
Maybe you all know a new version of Kindle Fire 7 was released this year. I have one and it came with FireOS 6. I have no idea if everything on Wikipedia is true but FireOS was made from Android and I thought that an Android OS could be installed on it. Would it be possible for a fresh installation of Android? Thank you all^^

Solution
It is a version of Android obviously altered by the company to work for them.

While you could try rooting the device and see if it will accept a straight version of Android, I have to say I don't think it would be worth the risk.

I am not a fan of rooting as you risk bricking the device. Additionally, since you would have to get the OS from somewhere likely less than reputable, you risk having all kinds of other things wind up on the device.

You would be better served either returning that one and getting a straight up Android tablet (if you can still return it) or just getting a separate Android tablet.
It is a version of Android obviously altered by the company to work for them.

While you could try rooting the device and see if it will accept a straight version of Android, I have to say I don't think it would be worth the risk.

I am not a fan of rooting as you risk bricking the device. Additionally, since you would have to get the OS from somewhere likely less than reputable, you risk having all kinds of other things wind up on the device.

You would be better served either returning that one and getting a straight up Android tablet (if you can still return it) or just getting a separate Android tablet.

Reactions: Hkcuong
Solution