Installing proper sound card / HP Probook 4540s

sheriam

Estimable
Feb 11, 2015
Hello, prior to formatting my hard drive and installing a fresh copy of Win7, I had a proper sound card, with HD sound, and all options (like bass boost and so on). Now, after reinstalling all my drivers, no matter what I do, I am stuck with having HP speakers instead of my real sound card with real, enhanced sound. Laptop model is in the thread title. Thanks!

Aljosa12

Estimable
Feb 10, 2015
Hello sheriam,

Have you tried the app called "Driver Identifier". It helped me a lot, registration is unnecessary and installation is simple. Application simply scans your system and open Web page for your PC, showing which drivers you have (saying they're good), which drivers needs update (saying update), or which drivers may be good, but if you wanna switch them, you can (saying "good", but clickable). You need to find sound driver or something similar, hopefully it will say good (clickable), so you proceed and download driver and simply install it. Here's link for download of Driver Identifier: http://www.driveridentifier.com/
Good luck,

Regards.

sheriam

Estimable
Feb 11, 2015
Thanks for your response but as I've said, I have updated drivers from my manufacturer which only install my laptop speakers instead of a HD sound card. All that program does is detect the latest version of the wrong driver which I already have. Sorry but that's not a solution I needed.