Installing Windows 10 on Asus Rog G752 fail

Michael Valen

Estimable
Sep 2, 2014
Hello

I got a problem with a friends computer that it won't let me download Windows 10 on his computer, the thing is that Windows 10 install does not support it. Therefor it could be a problem with the "SATA configuration", it has been set to RAID. And he needs ACHI or IDE. But the bios does not let him.

Reason why he needs to switch is that the HDD is broken and troubleshooted it and can't get it to work. (Stopped spinning)

Please help, tried everything but the BIOS won't let the SATA switch. I know that it should be a M.2 SSD but he does not have the money. So he bought a OCZ TR100 that should in theory work.

Solution
Based on other forum posts I have read it looks like some of the Rog G752's come only with that option in the BIOS. Maybe a BIOS update will enable a different option? Do you get prompted to hit Ctrl-I or some other key to enter RAID configuration when booting?

BadAsAl

Distinguished
Based on other forum posts I have read it looks like some of the Rog G752's come only with that option in the BIOS. Maybe a BIOS update will enable a different option? Do you get prompted to hit Ctrl-I or some other key to enter RAID configuration when booting?

Solution

TRENDING THREADS