Installing windows 7 on a new laptop

Jul 8, 2018
So I have an Lenovo ideaPad 110 with windows 10 pre-installed, and it was slow af(10-30 seconds to launch any program or open any file) though the laptop is new and im sure there is not a virus since I didnt connect it to the internet and didnt install anything or plug a usb SO I want to downgrade to windows 7 32 bit and each time I enter the installation it tells me something about drivers so If somebody can help me please fix that problem or tell me a way to downgrade to windows 7

Solution
To add to the above, 32-bit Windows versions only use a maximum of 3.5GB of system memory, so if that new laptop has say 8GB of RAM, it won't be utilized when you have multiple apps open or running in the background like anti-virus/malware programs. An SSD with a wipe of crapware the laptop company installed would solve your issues. Run MSCONFIG and kill all startup processes you don't need. That's what is slowing your boot time. My guess is you have dozens of them trying to load on a low powered 5,200RPM hard drive. Being new means nothing regarding performance when it comes to choking down like that.

Also, Windows 7 is going to be end of life supported, at least security update wise, as of January 14, 2020. Microsoft has already...

xSimply1337x

Honorable
Jan 16, 2014
I would say it's possibly the HDD that's causing the slow performance. If the system is bogged down by crap software and a bunch of junk files that can slow things down as well. When is the last time you defragged the HDD? Opt for a clean install of Windows 10 Home by downloading the Windows Media Creation Tool directly from Microsoft and use a flash drive of at least 8GB in size to create a bootable installation drive. Use the key provided on the sticker of the laptop to activate the freshly installed copy of Windows 10 Home.

During installation process, you will select to do a custom install. after doing so, you will then click on all available partitions deleting them leaving one single empty drive. Then select the empty drive and choose to install to it.

If you have files that are important that have not yet been backed up and you still have access to the OS with all the files intact, then back them up, otherwise, if you already backed up or have no important files that need backing up then proceed to do as I explained above.

DON'T INSTALL 32bit Windows. Install the 64bit version. When creating the bootable flash drive, the program will ask if you want to create the drive based on the specs of the PC you are using to create it or manually choose. If the PC you are using to create the drive has a 64bit version of Windows already installed on it then proceed with default options, otherwise you need to manually choose to create a 64bit media installation drive.

10tacle

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2008
To add to the above, 32-bit Windows versions only use a maximum of 3.5GB of system memory, so if that new laptop has say 8GB of RAM, it won't be utilized when you have multiple apps open or running in the background like anti-virus/malware programs. An SSD with a wipe of crapware the laptop company installed would solve your issues. Run MSCONFIG and kill all startup processes you don't need. That's what is slowing your boot time. My guess is you have dozens of them trying to load on a low powered 5,200RPM hard drive. Being new means nothing regarding performance when it comes to choking down like that.

Also, Windows 7 is going to be end of life supported, at least security update wise, as of January 14, 2020. Microsoft has already slowed down on Win7 regarding security updates which means they are no longer focused on ensuring there are security leaks that hackers always poke around with trying to exploit. This includes Microsoft working with anti-virus/internet security software makers. So if you want that laptop for anything online after that date using a ten year old operating system, that's a risk you yourself will be responsible for. Strongly ill-advised to revert to Win7 32-bit OR 64-bit.

Solution