Insufficient storage error when upgrading to android kitkat 4.4.2

chiru9670

Estimable
Aug 25, 2014
I have a Micromax Canvas 2 Colours A120. I have recently got a android kitkat update through FOTA. Unfortunately, when it tries to download, an error shows up saying 'Insufficient storage. Software update has been cancelled', despite the fact that I have over 1.2gb of free space. I retry many times and I get the same error. This has also happened with me when I try to update or install an app from play store. I read somewhere that this can be repaired by clearing app cache. I try it but nothing happens. Please Help!!! I'm really looking forward to Kitkat...
p.s.- I have an unrooted device and I don't want to root it.

Solution
That phone only has 4GB of internal storage. I would start by deleting any downloads stored on the internal memory, any music or media, then you'll probably have to temporarily uninstall a lot of apps to recover enough space to perform the update.

permanoob

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2011
That phone only has 4GB of internal storage. I would start by deleting any downloads stored on the internal memory, any music or media, then you'll probably have to temporarily uninstall a lot of apps to recover enough space to perform the update.

Solution