Question Integraded laptop mic stops working when i plug in my headset

Aug 12, 2022
So i have a acer nitro 5 wich has a single 3.5mm jack and i got headphones which have 2 jacks so i cant use both of them, but vie just resorted to using the audio/green end on the headphones so i can at least hear. But every time i get the notification about what i plugged in, no matter what option i selected on the device manager it says that no headphones are plugged in, it only recognizes when i click the x button on the notification which dosent make much sense to me. But when i do press the exit x button the microphone array( integrated laptop mic) and it recognizes the headphones that mic stops working.
I bought a little vivanco extender which i thought could help but i guess i need to get a proper cable extender for it to work.

Aug 12, 2022
i just got one like that but when i use it it just lowers my volume so i can barely hear anything, also i cant change the deafult mic because i only have the microphone array and stereo mix under "recording". please reply if you can because i really dont know what to do anymore

Etrius vanRandr

Prominent
BANNED
May 11, 2022
But every time i get the notification about what i plugged in, no matter what option i selected on the device manager it says that no headphones are plugged in, it only recognizes when i click the x button on the notification which dosent make much sense to me. But when i do press the exit x button the microphone array( integrated laptop mic) and it recognizes the headphones that mic stops working.

Install the default microsoft driver for the audio chip in the laptop, OEMs like to have super duper screwy drivers that mess with the audio subsystem. If that doesn't work, do as @hang-the-9 says and buy a splitter.

Aug 12, 2022
i got the splitter but it still doesent recognize the mic, i even got a headset with 1 jack end and still no mic being detected, could i get i link for that microsoft driver?

Etrius vanRandr

Prominent
BANNED
May 11, 2022
i got the splitter but it still doesent recognize the mic, i even got a headset with 1 jack end and still no mic being detected, could i get i link for that microsoft driver?

its the one that comes with windows. In device manager, uninstall and delete any audio and microphone related drivers. Don't worry you wont lose them, acer has them on their website.

once that's done restart the laptop and windows should automatically install its own

i just got one like that but when i use it it just lowers my volume so i can barely hear anything, also i cant change the deafult mic because i only have the microphone array and stereo mix under "recording". please reply if you can because i really dont know what to do anymore

You got that exact type that I linked or just a splitter? There are various adapters and splitters, you need to make sure the one you have is for combining dual 3 pole connections into a single 4 pole connection. Also test your setup on some other single jack device, phone, another laptop, etc... to make sure it's not the headphones you are using that is the issue.