Intel 400 HD graphics driver causes blackscreen on startup

Feb 2, 2019
I have a Toshiba Satellite P850/049 that has an Intel® Core™ i7 processor 3630QM with buit in Intel 4000 HD graphics, a dedicated Nvidia Geforce GT 360M Graphics card, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, 240GB SSD for the OS and 1TB HDD for storage. I just bought and installed a new LP156WH4 TLN1 Screen and now when I start my laptop I see the Toshiba logo and then a black screen. If i connect an external monitor I can use my laptop and the external monitor displays okay but my laptop screen stays black. If I boot in safe mod my laptop screen displays okay and everything seems to work. If i uninstall the driver for my Intel 4000 HD integrated graphics and restart my PC, it will boot and display okay but the driver updates itself and the laptop screen goes black again not long after connecting to the internet. I have tried installing a new driver from both the Toshiba and the Intel website, both install okay but my laptop screen goes black during install and every reboot after until I uninstall the drive.. The only driver that allows my laptop to display seems to be Microsoft Basic Display Adaptor driver and an external monitor won't display while using this driver.
Really not sure if this is a graphics card issue, a driver issue or a screen compatibility issue. Any advice about what is going wrong or other things I could try would be great.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Laptop Tech Support 4
A Laptop Tech Support 7
K Laptop Tech Support 2
N Laptop Tech Support 2
R Laptop Tech Support 1
E Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 1
I Laptop Tech Support 0
T Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 0
L Laptop Tech Support 3