News Intel Alder Lake benchmarks just leaked — and it’s bad news for Apple M1 Max

McD

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2014
Leaked benchmarks for the upcoming Intel Alder Lake Core i9 chip suggest it could thrash Apple's M1 Max

Intel Alder Lake benchmarks just leaked — and it’s bad news for Apple M1 Max : Read more

Someone's completely missed the point of SoC architecture, still looking at CPUs OR GPUs and not both combined. The Affinity Benchmark 1920 scores will show where the M1s shine and the older discrete architectures are struggling at least than half the performance for 3-5x the power draw. The next few weeks will prove embarrassing for Intel.

Lokomalo

Prominent
Oct 28, 2021
Someone's completely missed the point of SoC architecture, still looking at CPUs OR GPUs and not both combined. The Affinity Benchmark 1920 scores will show where the M1s shine and the older discrete architectures are struggling at least than half the performance for 3-5x the power draw. The next few weeks will prove embarrassing for Intel.
No kidding. Something of a click-bait headline, don't you think? "Leaked" benchmarks? Yeah, ok. Benchmarks on an unreleased product versus a product you can actually buy. Oh, and little discussion as to how much power that Intel chip is likely to draw. My M1 MacBook Air ran all morning today, off the charger, running Wifi, doing video conferencing among other tasks. And it went for hours. My Windows laptop would have shut down after about 2 hours of that.

Apple is on its second gen M1 whereas Intel is what 10, 11 generations down the road. This doesn't bode will for Intel.