Intel Core i3 2310M vs. ATHLON X2 L325 1.5 GHz

Solution
You should be choosing between Intel i3 and AMD A8, not X2. X2 is old stock, not even made anymore.

And it would depend on your uses. The i3 cpu wise is superior to the A8, but the A8's graphics are far superior to the i3's.

geekapproved

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2010
You should be choosing between Intel i3 and AMD A8, not X2. X2 is old stock, not even made anymore.

And it would depend on your uses. The i3 cpu wise is superior to the A8, but the A8's graphics are far superior to the i3's.

Solution

aaronstyle

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2011
Definitely go i3, but as geekapproved said, the a8 will do better in the gfx department. That's nothing a discrete gfx card can't fix, provided you meet the PSU requirements and you have room in your case.

geekapproved

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2010

LAPTOP dude, that's why he posted in the "Laptops and Notebooks" section. :hello:

someguynamedmatt

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2010
I personally prefer the A8 over the i3 because of its graphics. Chances are that its GPU is easily on par with whatever the i3 is paired with, if anything at all, and the Passmark scores dont factor in graphics performance, if I remember correctly. The i3 may be a slightly faster processor, but the A8 is a better overall package. Plus, it's a true quad core, instead of a dual core hyperthreaded to a quad... not that it matters, but I like the thought of it. :heink:

That's just my opinion on the whole thing. Take it for what it's worth.