Intel & Ericsson's Laptop Anti-Theft Tech

Status
Not open for further replies.

liemfukliang

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2008
Please create auto self destruct program. It is a bit like KMS, when in a six month doesn't reactive, the laptop will be explode. This will make a laptop thief think many times before they steal a laptop, and that also make a stolen laptop buyer think also. This mecanism must be greater than any console, because many console has been cracked to play pirate game. So it need a new unbreakeable one. Like it will crc the core hardware, when there is a temper found, it refuse booting, etc.

goryachev

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2008
As long as this systme won't be mandatory in the private sector, I don't give a shit.
I certainly won't buy a laptop, which can track my position all times.

kelfen

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2008
make is blow up so pple think twice about stealing a laptop. it would be lol if the guy is carrying it and he is sent to the hospital

G

bowing up laptops? Thats the stupidest, least thought out idea ever. I think a better idea would be to completely stop the computer from working... kinda like the idea of this article... Wow, how ingenious... Who cares if you can be tracked... we're already at that age where we can be tracked almost no matter what... if you really give a f*ck... then what are you doing wrong where it would matter if someone knew where you were?

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
[citation][nom]thogrom[/nom]bowing up laptops? Thats the stupidest, least thought out idea ever. I think a better idea would be to completely stop the computer from working... kinda like the idea of this article... Wow, how ingenious...[/citation]
I take the middle ground here. Keeping the computer from working can't stop me from popping out the hard drive and putting it in another PC and reading the information. You still need a method for making the hard drive unusable, by erasing the information, or permanently damaging it.

Although I'm not sure how you would go about doing that. But a single instance of booting without this SMS key causing the hard drive to fry seems like the best idea for me (always keep a back-up in a safe place).

Who cares if you can be tracked... we're already at that age where we can be tracked almost no matter what... if you really give a f*ck... then what are you doing wrong where it would matter if someone knew where you were?[/citation]
Exactly. I don't understand what so many people have issues with when it comes to simple privacy. Unless you happen to be somewhere you should be, why do you care?

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
[citation][nom]thogrom[/nom]Who cares if you can be tracked... we're already at that age where we can be tracked almost no matter what... if you really give a f*ck... then what are you doing wrong where it would matter if someone knew where you were?[/citation]

Whoops, this was the quote I wanted to make. Forgot to add the beginning section on there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS