Intel HD 4400 in Windows 8 killing my eyes at 1920x1080, blurry at 1366x768

BorealMind

Honorable
Mar 1, 2015
Hi, i purchased recently a laptop (Lenovo Z50-70, specs bellow) with a full-HD resolution and i am having problems with the screen. When set to its native resolution 1920x1080, everything in Windows looks so tiny and thin that it is killing my eyes. After 15 min. or so i am getting a headache. I tried by changing the Windows default font or by inscreasing the size of the text, without success.

When i downscale the resolution to 1366x768, the screen gets so blurry that i do not know any more what is worse and i keep switching beetween the two. The computer is less or more impossible to use after half an hour watching at the screen. The interesting thing, i do not have that issue at all in Ubuntu on the same computer, where the screen is very pleasant to watch at any resolution. Also, some games that i'm playing (in 1366x768) don't have that issue as well and the image is perfectly clear and contrary to any strain it actually relaxes the eyes.

So what i can do? I tried disabling the DPI scaling, with no effect. Right now i'm writing in Notepad using the Ubuntu font cause otherwise it wouldn't be able to concentrate by writing with the Windows default fond in the browser. What is the issue at all?

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

Specs: https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=ru&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.winwin.rs%2Flaptop-lenovo-ideapad-z50-70-59432060-15-6-fhd-intel-core-i3-4030u-4gb-1tb-gt840-2gb-4751585.html%23product_tabs_altireviews_tabbed&edit-text=

PS: It INCLUDES Intel HD 4400 graphics.

Alain

Solution
I guess it was because i had DPI Scaling disabled in my browser, some users suggested that to alleviate the problem in the first place. Now i downsized the resolution and everything seems fine. 1920x1080 seems just too little to watch. Thank you anyway.

EDIT: Few hours later, everything was still the same, the eye-burning and headaches restarted. The only solution was to upgrade to Windows 8.1 and now the image is crystal clear, crisp and pleasant. Thank you guys.

BorealMind

Honorable
Mar 1, 2015
I guess it was because i had DPI Scaling disabled in my browser, some users suggested that to alleviate the problem in the first place. Now i downsized the resolution and everything seems fine. 1920x1080 seems just too little to watch. Thank you anyway.

EDIT: Few hours later, everything was still the same, the eye-burning and headaches restarted. The only solution was to upgrade to Windows 8.1 and now the image is crystal clear, crisp and pleasant. Thank you guys.

Solution