Intel HD Graphics 4000 good for playing world of warcraft?

Solution

Now see, that's just simply not true at all. I played WoW right up until last year using an AMD Radeon 4850, and was able to push high settings at playable speeds in all areas but major cities and large raids. WoW does not take much to run, especially if you are willing to dial down the graphics settings.

Ironsounds

Distinguished
Hello... NO... WOW is a Modern graphics marvel of technology... your on Board CPU/GPU options are for basic office graphics software... You will need a External plug-in card to experience all that data.
You will need at least a GTX750 installed into those computers.

Now see, that's just simply not true at all. I played WoW right up until last year using an AMD Radeon 4850, and was able to push high settings at playable speeds in all areas but major cities and large raids. WoW does not take much to run, especially if you are willing to dial down the graphics settings.

Solution

ex_bubblehead

Distinguished

Incorrect, WOW only needs an HD 3000 minimum: https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/world-of-warcraft-system-requirements

It might not run with all the bells and whistles, but it will run.

Ironsounds

Distinguished
Hello... is the Radeon 4850 an external card? And is it a viable current, off the shelf consumer product, with availability? the GTX 750 suggestion is also in consideration of the PS's that would be incorporated into those Rigs.

Camar0ss

Estimable
Nov 19, 2014
Intel HD 4000 graphics cards are capable of playing complex, graphical games. I know, because I use mine to play several newer games. The only problem is dealing with games that don't believe there's enough video memory, due to it being shared rather than entirely dedicated.