Intel HD Graphics crashing the moment it finishes installing and displays a black screen with cursor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oliver Dometita

Commendable
May 8, 2016
I have been recently reading a lot of things on this forum and searching Google and Youtube for answers for my problem, there have been a number of cases that in some with similar cases for my problem, they fixed it by restoring their system but it's not the same case as mine.

Problem: Intel HD Graphics keeps on crashing right after installation "Intel HD Graphics has stopped responding and has recovered error".

I had this error when I recently upgraded my RAM to 4gb (original RAM was 2gb), but it did not start directly to crash. I was thinking that the upgrade was successful because it did not proceed to give me errors but it only started a few minutes right after I was playing DOTA 2 on my laptop. Right after then it kept crashing not when I was playing games but when I boot up my laptop the screen will turn black with a cursor and the computer beep of Windows 10 notification sound that something has been attached then ejected much like a flashdrive inserted and ejected.

I have tried the following before writing my dilemma here:

Tried system restore
Made a clean install
Inserted my old RAM
Tried the TdrDelay registry tweak (to no avail)

I can fully use my laptop normally when I either disable the installed INTEL HD GRAPHICS or uninstall it and use Microsoft Display Adapter.

I really need to install the Intel HD graphics driver without problems because since a graphics card helps a lot in the performance of a computer.

PS: My laptop only has 1 slot for RAM.

LAPTOP MODEL: Acer Aspire ES1-431-P1SH

RAM used for upgrading : http://www.lazada.com.ph/kingston-value-ram-4gb-1600mhz-pc3-12800-ddr3l-135v-non-ecc-cl11sodimm-1rx8-laptop-memory-ram-4391005.html

Solution

Did you try a clean Windows setup and another RAM stick? If yes, then I don't see any other thing to try next aside from a different motherboard.
Hi,

Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help in solving the issue.
- First is to do a clean install of the graphics card driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the Intel graphics driver.
- Next is to open Programs and Features then uninstall anything related to Intel graphics.
- Once done, download and install the latest driver.
- Here's the link: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/
- Reboot the laptop once the latest driver has been installed.
- If the same problem will persist do try removing the added RAM and see if the problem will persist.

Oliver Dometita

Commendable
May 8, 2016
Thank you for replying laptop_nerd,

the thing is did every troubleshooting step you told me to do right even before I was able to ready this reply, the funny thing is when I returned the old RAM to my laptop after installation the driver will start to crash and the same problem will persist.

"~Laptop_nerd ---- My laptop doesnt have a second slot, meaning there is no RAM added only one may be present at a particular time

Additional Info: Laptop OS Windows 10 Pro 64x

Unless you damaged the RAM slot when changing RAM around, the issue could be with the motherboard and video chip on it. Really the only thing you can try after a clean Windows setup is another RAM stick, after that you are looking at testing with a motherboard swap.

Oliver Dometita

Commendable
May 8, 2016

Thank you for your answer. I was wondering the same thing because since the graphics is shared I would like to know a sure fire way to know if this is really the problem, if it is how can I be able to fix it ?

Did you try a clean Windows setup and another RAM stick? If yes, then I don't see any other thing to try next aside from a different motherboard.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.