Intel N135 Network Card Connection Issues *SOLVED*

Status
Not open for further replies.

topcat5665

Honorable
Feb 28, 2013
Hello, I have got a new laptop but the network card disconnects from the internet. I have an Intel N135 network card. The internet briefly works when I go into the intel settings and press "Reset PROset" and after around 30 seconds to one minute the internet cuts out again. Anything you guys can suggest to get my net working?

Thanks.

Skippy27

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2009
Try to isolate the issue. Do you have another port you can plug into, another computer to plug into the same port or another cable to try?

If none of those things lead you to the bad part then it may actually be bad hardware. If this a new computer then address it with their support.

topcat5665

Honorable
Feb 28, 2013
Sorry for the abandoned thread, but I have fixed the problem. If anyone else ever has a similar problem with this network card, do the following to fix it.

Click on the network icon in your taskbar, go to "Open network and sharing centre". Once open, go to "Change adapter settings" right click on your network card and click "properties". Uncheck IPV6. Then click on "Configure", go to the advance tab and change the following:

802.11n channel width fpr band 2: Change it to auto.

8.02.11n mode change to: Disabled

Roaming aggressiveness: Lowest.

All of these settings are very important to change if you want your network adapter to work correctly. Ever since I have changed these values, my network card has been working very quickly ever since.

Good luck guys, I hope this fixes any problems you are having with your Intel n135 wireless adapter.

EDIT: Also make sure the intel software is set so windows manages the connections. Right click on the software icon in the taskbar and that option should appear.

Status
Not open for further replies.