Intel: Use A Smartphone, Live Longer

Status
Not open for further replies.

verbalizer

Distinguished
May 28, 2010
very interesting study...
I guess even with the new SB-K flaw they recently found and everyone stopped selling those processors currently Intel still has money to waste..

dco

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2010
Seems more likely that smartphones are reducing the amount of healthy sleep because people are on their phones.....

bmxjumperc

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2009
That is the best app that I can think of for a handheld on the planet. I think that the designers should think twice about what people need to go through just to go for a jog. I would keep a schedual and I think I would do my best to jog if I had one.

bmxjumperc

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2009
That is the best app that I can think of for a handheld on the planet. I think that the designers should think twice about what people need to go through just to go for a jog. I would keep a schedual and I think I would do my best to jog if I had one.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
[citation][nom]malmental[/nom]very interesting study...I guess even with the new SB-K flaw they recently found and everyone stopped selling those processors currently Intel still has money to waste..[/citation]

It's not a problem with SB, it's with the Cougar chipset.

Intel study health? This is the first iv'e heard of this! And when will ratings come back? :<

lysinger

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2010
I don't see the use as it cannot tell when I've had a coffee or a beer. Maybe they will have that feature in version 2 or 3.

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
[citation][nom]dco[/nom]Seems more likely that smartphones are reducing the amount of healthy sleep because people are on their phones.....[/citation]
Nope. It's just the iPhone. Too many kids w/ it and they can't seem to put the thing down.

kio54

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2010
so... now as a society we're even closer to George Orwell's 1984?

am i the only one seeing this?

G

Looks like tom's started praising Intel for everything these days ... the news section is like an Intel ad section ... who cares if they use green energy or make health studies .. people need SB mobo's fixed not an app that tells them when they can have a beer ... god damm it i took my beer at the wrong time of the day, again .. if only i had an app to tell me when it's ok

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
i'd love people to pay heed to the go on a jog it read... today on msn there was an article saying america now officially fattest nation... under it was an article for plus size fasion tips... can we get some americans on treadmills and of fthe bufft line please (yes i am american, but no i'm not overweight, bacause i work out everyday i'm not one of those with a lucky metabolism i have to work to stay "average weight" and healthy )

pclee

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2011
I don't need no stinkin phone to tell me when to drink a beer. As for jogging, I do about 4-5 miles daily already and I'm still overweight.

G

@malmental

Intel has a ridiculous amount of capital at their disposal, their $1.25 billion payout to AMD was considered as pocket change for them

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
its a math equation, burn more calories than calories coming in, i used ot be overweight then started counting calories and los tmost of it, you can't actually gain weight burning 3-4k calories a day if you ingest 1500 :D it has to be lost

mikem_90

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2010
[citation][nom]kio54[/nom]so... now as a society we're even closer to George Orwell's 1984?am i the only one seeing this?[/citation]

While I was wondering about what the app does, it does not seem the app is monitoring you at all. All it seems to do is remind you of good times to get a nap or get some exercise. Both things most Americans could use more of. At most I would think they could monitor the accelerometer and see if the person is too sedimentary.

And companies do research all the time, its not always altruistic, and not always a properly done study, but a lot of companies fund and do research like this all the time.

I'd have to dig into the paper further to know what they actually did in it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.