Intermitten Black Screen on Lenovo Yoga y510p when Playing Netflix with HDMI through my amplifier

Angrypolar

Commendable
Mar 15, 2016
My laptop is plugged into my NAD T748 amplifier, which then goes to the tv. This doesn't happen when I plug directly into the tv, I still hear sound from the amp, but the display goes black, when it had been working until I started Netflix. When I remove and reinsert the cable into the laptop, the picture comes back and I can watch shows. Is there a way to get it to work without doing that?

Hi,

I'm not 100% sure if a laptop will work with that receive even though it works as you mentioned since it doesn't say anything in it's manual that you can connect PC or a laptop.

Here's a complete setup guide for your receiver.
http://nadelectronics.com/download.php?130218121338-T748_eng_OM_v12.pdf|T748%20A/V%20Surround%20Sound%20Receiver%20-%20English%20Manual

Since the laptop does work fine when it's connected directly to your TV which laptops or desktop PC are designed to work with, there are limited troubleshooting steps that I can suggest.
- Start by going in Device Manager and uninstall the Nvidia graphics driver.
- Next is to check Programs and Features and uninstall anything related to Nvidia.
- Once done, download and install the latest driver.
- Here's the link: nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx
- Reboot your laptop once the latest driver has been installed.
- After the reboot do test it again and see if the same problem will persist or not.