Internet Browsers not working

remote249

Estimable
Mar 1, 2014
My little brother is having an issue where all internet browsers on his computer won't connect although his computer can connect just fine. The only thing I know is that he said that before it started happening he said he deleted a file that was some random letters but he doesn't remember what it was called. Does anyone have any idea what that file may have been, where it belongs, or how to fix this issue?

Solution

Except for the actual network drivers (LAN or WiFi) i can't think of any common file that would affect multiple browsers, but not other applications.

remote249

Estimable
Mar 1, 2014

I would think that's it except the internet works for everything else it's just browsers that doesn't work.

USAFRet

Illustrious

Reinstall Firefox or Chrome.

remote249

Estimable
Mar 1, 2014

Lol, I tried that already I honestly can't think of what it would be other than the 2 things you recommended :(

USAFRet

Illustrious
"All" the browsers not working would seem to point to something with Windows, not a specific browser.
However, deleting a system file that might affect this would require a couple levels of 'Yes I want to delete this'.

With what can he connect to the internet?

remote249

Estimable
Mar 1, 2014

From what I can tell everything works fine except the browsers.

USAFRet

Illustrious

Except for the actual network drivers (LAN or WiFi) i can't think of any common file that would affect multiple browsers, but not other applications.

Solution