Internet Explorer 9 Beta Scheduled for September

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Microsoft, give up please. Internet Explorer just ... sucks.

mrecio

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2008
I love Microsoft but even working on IE9 as long as they have I still know its going to suck, Mozilla or Google would take half the time to create the program and have it work twice as good.

jimmysmitty

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007
[citation][nom]AkarrakA[/nom]Microsoft, give up please. Internet Explorer just ... sucks.[/citation]

Sure. Then allow something like Safari to control the market which has more holes in it than Windows ME.

[citation][nom]mrecio[/nom]I love Microsoft but even working on IE9 as long as they have I still know its going to suck, Mozilla or Google would take half the time to create the program and have it work twice as good.[/citation]

IDK. Mozilla has been working on Firefox 4 for about as long as IE9 and is probably going to be out at the same time. Each browser has their ups and downs. I don't trust Google as much. They are getting too big for their own good.

[citation][nom]NeeKo[/nom]Chrome beats it anyways so meh[/citation]

Um....... no?

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
Damn, I'm super stoked for this. IE9 looks to beat a lot of those browsers out there. I hope people/sites will still run a "use Firefox/Chrome" campaign once IE9 destroys those browsers.

wotan31

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009
[citation][nom]eddieroolz[/nom]Damn, I'm super stoked for this. IE9 looks to beat a lot of those browsers out there. I hope people/sites will still run a "use Firefox/Chrome" campaign once IE9 destroys those browsers.[/citation]
Hahaha fanboi! IE9 is to browsers what Kin is to phones. Complete and utter FAIL. IE is a sinking ship and MS knows it, why else would they pump out these pointless new versions in rapid succession? Cause they know they've all but lost the browser wars to browsers that actually work - namely Firefox and Chrome.

Silmarunya

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
[citation][nom]jimmysmitty[/nom]Sure. Then allow something like Safari to control the market which has more holes in it than Windows ME.IDK. Mozilla has been working on Firefox 4 for about as long as IE9 and is probably going to be out at the same time. Each browser has their ups and downs. I don't trust Google as much. They are getting too big for their own good.Um....... no?[/citation]

Actually, Chrome (and Opera and FF and in many cases even Safari, even though that's too unsafe to use) beat IE in just about everything, from raw speed to customizing options.

Silmarunya

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
[citation][nom]eddieroolz[/nom]Damn, I'm super stoked for this. IE9 looks to beat a lot of those browsers out there. I hope people/sites will still run a "use Firefox/Chrome" campaign once IE9 destroys those browsers.[/citation]

Er... No. Look at the benchmark scores IE 9 gets atm, without a UI to bog it down. These are slightly above FF 4.0 and well below Opera and Chrome's most recent versions. When it has a UI, it will likely be on par with FF, but beaten by both Chrome and Opera.

And to make it worse, it won't have FF and Chrome's plethora of ad-ons, nor Opera's huge amount of features out of the box...

annymmo

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2009
Firefox is still better at supporting web standards.
And Mozilla actually wants to support free standards.
(Standards that everybody can use without having to pay royalties.)
Beats everything in my book, go Firefox.

Silmarunya

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
[citation][nom]annymmo[/nom]Firefox is still better at supporting web standards.And Mozilla actually wants to support free standards.(Standards that everybody can use without having to pay royalties.)Beats everything in my book, go Firefox.[/citation]

Actually, even Firefox isn't fully web standard compliant (although it's quite close). Chrome and Opera fully adhere to web standards, Firefox doesn't.

Firefox isn't the great browser it used to be. Or actually, it still is, but the competition has improved dramatically.

tpi2007

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2006
"As it stands now, Internet Explorer 9 isn't expected to be completed until September 2011"

What ? LOL Give me a break, who are they trying to fool ? I bet it is coming out in the final version by the end of the year. I mean, just look at the Windows 7 release schedule, and now look at the competition going on in the browser space. Does anybody really believe IE9 is not coming out thus year, but instead in September 2011 ?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.