Investor: Yahoo Should Sell to Microsoft for $22 a Share

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pei-chen

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
Let me guess, either Mithras is about to go bankrupt and need a large injection of case or they own both Yahoo & MS stocks and would like to see it rise (due to "synergy") before selling and abandoning the market.

G

Heh... If I was MSFT, I'd offer $16/share - take it or leave it. Man, am I glad I don't own Yahoo... they really snuffed themselves.

mdillenbeck

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
I'm going to agree - there is no reason for Microsoft to give them such a premium price when the global markets seem to be collapsing and credit requirements are decreasing available funds.

Also, wouldn't the regulatory agencies be just as interested in a Microsoft and Yahoo merger as they are in a Google and Yahoo merger?

G

I wonder if that idiot Jerry Yang still thinks the $33/share offer was undervalued?

While business should not be emotional - Yang has mad it so, and if I'm Balmer I'm offering no more than 50% premium ($18-19). If nothing else there is no way Yang retains the chairmanship if the offer is rejected again as Icahn, et al would put up another proxy fight and would likely win this time around.

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
Hahaha, I bet the yahoo board member's feel like complete idiots. They should you idiots. You way overvalued your company, now you suffer your stupidity.

G

I own Yahoo stock. What you don't get is I do not want to be part of Microsoft EVER! It does not matter how sweet you think the self serving deal is. It is not about that. Get a clue.

Maybe I just do not get it but if Yahoo is selling at $12.15 per share, why would MS offer anymore? Why even talk with Yahoo's board just by 51% of the stocks to have controlling interest? Then MS could do whatever they want with Yahoo since they would have have the majority vote in any issue.

Afterward they could keep buying stocks until they owned Yahoo outright.

Status
Not open for further replies.