iOS 5.0.1 Untethered Jailbreak Released for All Except A5

Status
Not open for further replies.

aracheb

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2008
welcome to the apple world.

well also my motorola droid needed to be rooted.. not to get the maximum potential. But because of the crapware that came installed. Then a switched back to the default original rom beside of the crapware. because non of the rom that i tried had a sweet exchange funcionability like the default that came with motorola

rebel1280

Distinguished
May 7, 2011
[citation][nom]intel4eva[/nom]You're PATHETIC[/citation]
No, you are wrong intel4eva, he is exactly what Toms was hoping for with that image. Sex sells, anyone who disagrees, well, don't watch/hear/read most commercials do you?

that aside, i have nothing to relevant to relate to the actual article, go team android ;)

G

Just seems a little wrong sending/giving people the links to cracker/hacker sites to do something that is arguably illegal. Not to mention doing these thinks can brick there devices. Hey I am all for it can you set me up with some links to finding pron and cracked games and software.

rawful

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2011
[citation][nom]grogy12[/nom]Just seems a little wrong sending/giving people the links to cracker/hacker sites to do something that is arguably illegal. Not to mention doing these thinks can brick there devices. Hey I am all for it can you set me up with some links to finding pron and cracked games and software.[/citation]

A. Things like this need even more publicity, and hopefully it can send the right message to the developers. We do not want locked-down technology for dummies. We do not want to pay you $400 for an underpowered device that we aren't allowed to use as we want to.

B. Everyone should understand the risk inherent in doing things like this before doing it.

C. www.google.com

G

@rawful

You are not going to change apple's minds no matter what. They could easily have written the artical without the links. A lot of people do things blindly without thinking and are not aware of the inherent risks which is why it would be better for them to search for these things instead of just clicking a link. Why did you post a link to google?
-----------------------------
@deanjo- I did not bother googling it was just going by memory. Thankfully rawful gave the link and I am in the know now.

silver565

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2009
I wonder how long it will be before apple includes ideas & options that jailbreaking gives you, and then sell it off as "a revolutionary concept"

STravis

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
[citation][nom]memadmax[/nom]Really, if you need to "jailbreak" your device in order to use it's full potential, then it's not worth it........[/citation]

Sort of like rooting your Android device?

DaddyW123

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2010
I used to have an iphone, now I have a droid. I am not a fanboy in either camp, but what I can say is that the iPhone really is a very good phone and it's a pretty great phone once you jailbreak it to add the features/apps Apple thinks you don't need.

The very same can be said for android. My thunderbolt was a power hog and full of bloatware. Once I rooted it and installed a custom ROM and kernal, it's a great phone as well.

And to all you people complaining that toms put the link up thinking that some noob is going to run off an jailbreak their phone without thinking about it - you surely haven't tried it before. EVERY step of the way, the instructions, programs, everything that you go through to jailbreak your phone constantly warns you about the dangers of doing so. You'd have to be blind, dumb and def (well maybe not def), not to know it's risky.

Every news site should be out there praising the idea of jailbreaking so that eventually Apple will get the message that there are those people who are more than happy with a stock phone, and there are those of us who want a little more. We paid for the device, we know the risks, stop making it so difficult for us to have what we want. In fact, apple would sell a TON more phones if they publicly announced they were no longer going to fight jailbreakers and even came out with their own whitepapers on how to do so yourself.

G

Everything will be fine once Windows 8 Devices come out and we can start using a real OS.

Status
Not open for further replies.