iPad 2 Supply to Suffer From Foxconn Explosion

Status
Not open for further replies.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
Feel so sorry for Apple that they cant exploit the grossly underpaid workers even more for a while, wouldn't be supriced if it turns out one employee blew the place in sheer frustruation!

Computerrock1

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2009
Hurray, even more expensive Ipad's that fanboi's will still buy. You know what that'll teach Steve Jobs? "These Idiots will pay anything to buy these cheap POSs. I am a genius!"

damianrobertjones

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
Is the ipad 2 the ONLY device/part manufactured in that factory? If not, then maybe this story would be better without the 'only the iPad 2' reference.

...Just saying.

fishyfish

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2009
[citation][nom]rantoc[/nom]Feel so sorry for Apple that they cant exploit the grossly underpaid workers even more for a while, wouldn't be supriced if it turns out one employee blew the place in sheer frustruation![/citation]

Let's face it, most companies exploit their chinese workers, including maker of your PC, screen and underwear you have on your bottom right now.

Zingam

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
So long with the 70 million ipad 2 that had to be sold this year. BTW Who buys that operpriced gimmick? 70 million c'mon? All do all US citizens buy that? iPad 2 64Gb costs 1000 Euro locally! It's crazy! That's like two HP ProBooks with Core i5 CPUs!!!

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]DjEaZy[/nom]... why is the iPad not produced in US?[/citation]
Because US workers have unions, good pay, health plans, pensions and by comparison are generally fat and lazy.

Chinese workers are chained to the oars whilst an o'erseer walks the line whipping slackers and Steve Jobs sits at the top of the deck beating a drum so they all row in unison If they are lucky they can get a bowl of rice a week and look forward to retirement (aka suicide).

M'kay?

xelliz

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2009
There's no shortage...they can just take all those wasted ipad 2's they are using for spec sheets in their stores...

macewrox

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2011
Man, we seriously need to get rid of workers unions in the states. Like, they served their purpose. Now they're causing everything to be outsourced.

happyballz

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2011
[citation][nom]DjEaZy[/nom]... why is the iPad not produced in US?[/citation]
Probably because then they would have to charge 5 times more for the price of actual hardware cost to offset the workers wages and benefits. Oh wait they already do that without baying benefits in china; hmm maybe in US Steve would not be able to get away witht pushing people off the roof and planting bombs in factories for his amusement? haha.

All jokes aside it's all about $$$$ and as much profit as possible obviosuly.

G

I may be an exception FishyFish. All the materials in my underwear are derived, processed, and manufactured (sewn?) in the United States.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
[citation][nom]macewrox[/nom]Man, we seriously need to get rid of workers unions in the states. Like, they served their purpose. Now they're causing everything to be outsourced.[/citation]

So a US version of foxxcon can start up and you want to work there? Just move out of the country and start working at foxcon in china instead and all your dreams will come true, low pay, health issues due to inhumane working conditions ect - all a worker "deserves" right !?! How come that the moral compass is so seriosuly f-cked up in some people? The downside of capitalism in my book - Some just have three things they care about and its me, myself and I!

xenol

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2008
It's sad in this day when we report about the shortage of an item that Apple created a "need" for when there are at least three people dead and many more probably out of a job for a while (either because they can't work there or they got laid off)

DjEaZy

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2008
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]Because US workers have unions, good pay, health plans, pensions and by comparison are generally fat and lazy.Chinese workers are chained to the oars whilst an o'erseer walks the line whipping slackers and Steve Jobs sits at the top of the deck beating a drum so they all row in unison If they are lucky they can get a bowl of rice a week and look forward to retirement (aka suicide).M'kay?[/citation]
... i know... 'food for thought' question...

Status
Not open for further replies.