iPad 3G Shipping to U.S. Customers May 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsnorquist

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009
Boy, $829.00 (+ cost of accessories) is a tough pill to swallow.

I know this product will appeal to some people, but I will have to pass for now and wait for other manufacturers offerings.

I do hope it doesn't suffer the same issue as the Wi-Fi problem with the 3G reception.

chomlee

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
[citation][nom]excalibur1814[/nom]Far, far too many apple posts guys. Any Slate information? Any other UMPC/MID/Tablet info? I know the iPad is big news but where were you guys when the Asus R50 hit and then crashed due to nearly ZERO coverage.Very unfair.Thanks for the updated though[/citation]

I kind of agree. It seems almost 1/2 of the articles have something to do with apple. Does Toms hardware get any money from Apple for doing this? Seems kinda strange considering the amount of apple haters I have seen in the comments section.

BTW, I know it is nothing but an oversized itouch, but my wife saw the comercial the other day and now she wants one (and she hates electronic gagets).

LePhuronn

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2007
Enough of the "Apple pay Tom's" stuff please - it's even more irritating than an overload of Apple news.

bear in mind though that the Apple marketing machine s such that when a new product is released, or a refresh is due, it takes over all tech news. Tom's reports on the tech world.

If you want Slate info, then why not try contacting HP and asking them actually f*cking release some more. Until then, the iPad is the only tablet getting any coverage.

vant

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
Maybe Tom's releases news based on the hits they get. If more people click on iPad articles than HP Slate articles, than they would post more iPad ones.

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
[citation][nom]tsnorquist[/nom]Boy, $829.00 (+ cost of accessories) is a tough pill to swallow.I know this product will appeal to some people, but I will have to pass for now and wait for other manufacturers offerings.I do hope it doesn't suffer the same issue as the Wi-Fi problem with the 3G reception.[/citation]
Maybe swallow the 16GB pill for only $629? I admit, there are some real nice offerings coming down the line, from Android based all the way to full scale x86 and Windows 7. However, for the price and features this tablet really competes well with all of them so far. It will be some time before a decently equipped tablet breaches 500 bucks.

ktownkilla

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2009
The reason you see so many Apple hater comments is because the only people who feel compelled to comment are the people who hate apple. All of the rest of us just read the article and go on our way....

Status
Not open for further replies.