iPad and iPhone Sales Boosts Apple's Quarterly Growth

Status
Not open for further replies.

frankbough

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
I no longer carry any music device, I just listen to music on my phone. The battery seems to be able to play mp3s all day long quite happily. Dedicated music devices must surely have had their day now.

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
I really believe that the Windows 8 tablet will be an Apple tablet killer.

Obviously what is needed is uber hype and Windows has a bad rap in the reptilian brain that
dances to Apple's tune.

molo9000

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
[citation][nom]frankbough[/nom]I no longer carry any music device, I just listen to music on my phone. The battery seems to be able to play mp3s all day long quite happily. Dedicated music devices must surely have had their day now.[/citation]

The dedicated mp3 player still has a niche, because it can be so much smaller than a phone (for jogging and other sports for instance), but in general you are right.

halcyon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2004
Why is there an article on this? Next it'll be "An Apple Employee Used the Restroom". I know we're not forced to read the articles but it seems like THG is giving Apple unnecessary and unwarranted coverage. ...it just seems unbalanced.

zulutech

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2011
[citation][nom]Halcyon[/nom]Why is there an article on this? Next it'll be "An Apple Employee Used the Restroom". I know we're not forced to read the articles but it seems like THG is giving Apple unnecessary and unwarranted coverage. ...it just seems unbalanced.[/citation]
Actually, I remember when people were complaining that there wasn't enough coverage on apple.

testerguy

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2011
[citation][nom]del35[/nom]Have been doing that for over 3 years now.[/citation]

As have the rest of the world who owned iPhones 5 years ago.

testerguy

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2011
[citation][nom]Halcyon[/nom]Why is there an article on this? Next it'll be "An Apple Employee Used the Restroom". I know we're not forced to read the articles but it seems like THG is giving Apple unnecessary and unwarranted coverage. ...it just seems unbalanced.[/citation]

Apple seeing such a massive boost in earnings despite a US downturn is massively significant, they had their best quarter ever excluding the records they set in Q4 2011.

Even DailyTech, a distinctly anti-Apple propaganda site has written a detailed article on it. Don't see how it ISN'T news, tbh.

halcyon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2004
[citation][nom]testerguy[/nom]Apple seeing such a massive boost in earnings despite a US downturn is massively significant, they had their best quarter ever excluding the records they set in Q4 2011.Even DailyTech, a distinctly anti-Apple propaganda site has written a detailed article on it. Don't see how it ISN'T news, tbh.[/citation]
I guess. Perhaps. It just shows that folks that have disposable income are indeed disposing it onto Apple. I like their products so I can understand that.

Dark Comet

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2008
[citation][nom]halcyon[/nom]I guess. Perhaps. It just shows that folks that have disposable income are indeed disposing it onto Apple. I like their products so I can understand that.[/citation]

I'm not a Apple fanboy but was in the market for a high end tablet and Apple had one competitively priced with good specs (Lacking quad-core I know but the UI is so smooth so its hard to tell). It also is well supported with loads of apps. I use it everyday for everything so it was worth it IMO. Apples macbooks and stuff are still IMO crap and overpriced but as far as the tablet market goes they are not over priced compared to the rest of the market at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.