iPad Hacked, Proven to be Jailbreakable

Status
Not open for further replies.

tipmen

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
[citation][nom]killerclick[/nom]These hackers should be arrested![/citation]

Why? They bought it they can do what they want.

ms1191

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2009
[citation][nom]killerclick[/nom]They're troublemakers. Hacking should be illegal.[/citation]

Maybe my sarcasm detector is broken. But hacking is illegal i'm pretty sure. Don't think this qualifies as true hacking though...

r0x0r

Distinguished
May 9, 2006
[citation][nom]killerclick[/nom]They're troublemakers. Hacking should be illegal.[/citation]

Hacking is illegal. It also implies that the sole purpose of their hack was for nefarious purposes (ie steal someone else's data).

As it stands though, it's just an operating system modification.

hakesterman

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2008
There are currently no laws makeing Hacking illegal, when you purchase an item it is yours to do with whatever you like as long as it doesn't cause physical damage to another Human being. Hacking the device is legal, however downloading games and Applications without paying for them is illegal. It took the Music Industry 8 years just to slow down Bearshare and Limewire, it will take even longer to address the downloading of Pirated Apps.

dlochinski

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2009
[citation][nom]hakesterman[/nom]There are currently no laws makeing Hacking illegal, when you purchase an item it is yours to do with whatever you like as long as it doesn't cause physical damage to another Human being. Hacking the device is legal, however downloading games and Applications without paying for them is illegal. It took the Music Industry 8 years just to slow down Bearshare and Limewire, it will take even longer to address the downloading of Pirated Apps.[/citation]

If the apps are opensource, nothing is illegal about that, and charging your users for apps, but letting some have for free when they buy a new ipod is definitely a slap in the face. It was the biggest reason I jailbroke my iPod touch, since this stuff should be free in the first place. (I refer also to before the appstore wasn't created yet, for the Iphone apps, they were charging 20 bucks, and I be damned if I was going to pay for something like that, let alone the ripoff of charging for OS updates.)

husker

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
This is not hacking. Hacking is illegal. This is neither illegal nor is it hacking. Is a person who modifies their Ford Focus to run on vegetable oil instead of gasoline a hacker? Is that illegal? Here is hint: No it is'nt.

stax77

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
Claiming that hacking is illegal is like claiming shooting is illegal, or walking is illegal.

It is not, unless you are shooting people or walking on someone else's property without authorization. Same with hacking. It is an activity that could potentially be illegal in some context, but saying it is illegal per se is nonsense.

Clintonio

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2008
No, they're not. Hacking is not illegal. Cracking is. I hack daily. It's completely and utterly legal. In fact, my entire future is based off of the concept of hacking. And if you were to call the police on me, they'd laugh you all the way back to your pool of ignorance, of which the water is still dripping.

djab

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2009

Without some troublemakers, people would still think that the Earth is flat!
And other people who say the contrary would still be burnt as witches.

igot1forya

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2008
[citation][nom]killerclick[/nom]These hackers should be arrested![/citation]
Your mom should be arrested ;) as many hackers help keep systems secure! I work in the financial sector and I appreciate the contributions hackers make to my industry. Crackers however are the ones you should point your anger towards.
STOP SPREADING IGNORANCE, HACKERS ARE GOOD!

Status
Not open for further replies.