iPad Helps Lawyer in Courtroom in Winning Trial

Status
Not open for further replies.

mavanhel

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2009
So, the iPad is capable of showing a presentation. Good for it I suppose, but seriously, laptops do the job just as well. This guy is probably just an idiot since he doesn't know how to hook a laptop up to a VGA cable.

rebb

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2010
Summerill was able to present exhibits in a quick manner that he feels was more efficient than using a traditional laptop

The arduous task of pressing the space bar to advance slides has finally been made more efficient!

babybeluga

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2010
"MacLitigator, which chronicles the use of Apple computers by lawyers"

...seriously, does it need to be that hardcore? It's not like it was just a spur of the moment thing. Seeing as he runs the site, he obviously did this for the publicity, which tom's graciously gave him.

Dirtman73

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2009
Someone please tell me why this gets a headline at Tom's? Because, you know, I thought Tom's catered to PC users. Guess I was wrong.

brendano257

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
I was hoping for something a little more exciting, but I suppose whatever gets the job done the way you like it is what you're going to use. Glad he likes it.

djtronika

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2009
i love my iPad but this article has to be a joke right? when you have to write, "see, it can do things well!" it just makes it look even worse. iPad jailbroken? cool. it was actually helpful to know it was out. iPad used by someone we dont know nor care about for the purpose it was released? um, keep it to yourself.

thebigt42

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2009
[citation][nom]mavanhel[/nom]So, the iPad is capable of showing a presentation. Good for it I suppose, but seriously, laptops do the job just as well. This guy is probably just an idiot since he doesn't know how to hook a laptop up to a VGA cable.[/citation]
Most lawyers are NOT very technical.

zampolit

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2006
You guys are missing the point to this post, as well as those like it. It's a comedy post to make us laugh at the audacity and stupidity of mac users. Its like those AT&T response commercials with Luke Wilson.

It just shows the insecurity of Apple and how hard it must try to be considered a viable option instead of just being a gimmic/toy.(That typically does things wrong...mainly corporate related)

MeanSquare

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2008
Been there. Done that... starting over a decade ago.
First was a PDA with a downloaded PowerPoint assisted by a device called the Pitch Duo, then with a Sony UX handtop. Apple gets credit once again... for arriving to the party late and doing things that others have done passively well.

lashton

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2006
OMFG next they will say an ipad helped land a crippled airplane all by itself, who fucken cares if someone won a lawsuit, what about the millions of cases a laptop (PC based) has solved

lashton

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2006
toms hardware has been going down the drain in the last year, Apple and Nvidia have lined thier pockets very deep i suspect, time to go looking for more "middle ground" tech sites, ill stop coming here i think

dxwarlock

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2008
Peter Summerill, partner in the Utah law firm of Hasenyager & Summerill, said that the iPad has helped him win a recent trial, according to CNet.
it helped him no more than his suit, his shoes, or his laser pointer to point at the presentation did.
might as well say "electricity helped lawyer win trial!"

by the use of the power outlet supplied in the room, the lawyer was able to hook up a projector and present slide to you jury, and in turn the power supplied helped him win the case.

correct statement would be "lawyer uses Ipad in trial, and by 'beyond a reasonable doubt' and due proccess the case was settled. the Ipad played no role in the verdict.

Status
Not open for further replies.