iPad Packed With Diamonds Costs $20,000

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreamphantom_1977

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2008
Alright, I work in a pawnshop, and we deal with diamonds, there are 3 main factors in calculating a diamonds value, known as the 4 C's, Carat, Cut, Clarity, Color. I can tell you one of the most important is Carat. One thing to remember is that the size of the diamond is what makes it so rare, so it's worth more. So if you have a large 1 carat diamond, it is going to be worth a lot more then 100 diamonds that add up to a carat. Normally, pin diamonds aren't worth jack. They are just so common. If it was 11.43 carots in 3 or 4 diamonds i'd say it's probably worth it, if they are cut good, have good clarity and color. but all the diamonds look like tiny pin diamonds. Which honestly aren't worth hardly anything. When we scrap gold rings, lots of times the pin diamonds are pulled out an thrown away. So I don't understand where these figures come from? I'd say it's worth maybe, maybe $1000 including the value of the phone. It's just cuz the diamonds are so small.
11.43ct pin diamonds is worth no where near a single solid 11.43ct Diamond. Not even close.

Gian124

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2009
[citation][nom]Gian124[/nom]OMG --> new idea 4TW[/citation]
Bedazzle the next nVidia GTX 480 box

It will win the "Box Benchmark" for sure!

myrddral

Distinguished
May 14, 2009
i gave you one + so it's ok now :D

but as you mentioned the carat is not the only factor of a price. who knows maybe those have excellent clarity. one retailer wrote that the smallest they had was a 0.25ct VS1 clarity and about $1000 retail price..

but hey, the picture look so fake here...

manitoublack

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
[citation][nom]lukeeu[/nom]how does the diamond case affect durability and heat transfer? Wouldn't cooper get better performance?[/citation]

Actually Diamonds are very good at transferring heat, However being rare, expensive and difficult to form into think sheets makes it less than ideal ;)

Plus given enough heat they will oxidize (burn) to form worthless CO2. or if the Aussie government has it's way $25 per tonne TAX :( boo

Status
Not open for further replies.