Review iPad Pro 12.9 (2020) review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 8, 2020
My boss just bought us all ipads for Christmas, so I guess they are "last year's model". When you are in a business where you have to shuffle multiple files around all the time to the desk computer and/or server, ipad is horrible. Window is like having two plates in front of you with an apple you are to move from one plate to another by picking it up and moving it - simple. Ipad is like having the same, behind a blind, and there are spikes and razor blades on the plates, and one of the plates is upside down. You can blame it on the app writers maybe for some instances. (Bluebeam for example)

And then why do programmers continue to make thing so complicated?? Remember when an app had "buttons" and they stood out as buttons? OK, so its fine to learn press and hold, or tap - BUT just yesterday I'm just trying to transfer a file from one location in ipad to another - in one app its press, hold, tap copy - then go press hold on the screen to paste in the other app - NOPE! Or, what about you have to hit select in the upper right in one app instead of press and hold??? Why? Half the time the easier solution is run a file up to Dropbox and back down again, assuming the app allows a connection to Dropbox. I guess it was way too easy to have folders in an organized directory.

I'm going to end up using this thing for taking notes, and marking up pdfs, and keep using the desktop for everything else.

Mar 3, 2020
I strongly dislike this site now. You'd assume you get paid by Apple to write this nonsense. "It's faster than a surface pro 7" really? I assume you know it has an i7 option. I'd also assume you know that there are two tiers of 10th Gen architecture. Just tossing out a comparison that you can compare favorably with the iPad is transparent and lazy. You also barely mention that you're paying hundreds more than the previous generation for a clock increase on a few cores and extra cameras. Wow. Awesome. Where do I sign up for the "we get everything for free so money is no object" award? If any other company released something this incremental and lazy you would destroy that product. I'm not anti Apple. I own several iPads and iPhones. That's how I can spot disingenuous nonsense. Just call your "reviews" sponsored content. It is. Then I'll be fine.

Jun 2, 2020
Great Review , it's useful . thank you . I am an illustrator . I have both a XP-Pen Artist 12 Pro display drawing tablet and the current generation of the 12.9 iPad Pro and Apple Pencil. I got the XP-Pen Artist first and used it constantly before I got the iPad. Then I got the iPad and the XP-Pen Artist mostly goes unused these days unless I need to specifically use Photoshop or Illustrator.

The Apple Pencil is decidedly a better drawing experience than the digital pen on the Artist 12 Pro . It's more accurate, has absolutely no parallax, requires no calibration, it has a more intuitive pressure response curve, and the feel of the stylus point on the screen is better (this one point is more subjective, but is how I feel about it).

I love the ipad because it's so portable. The app I use most often is called Procreate. I super love it. the iPad's touch gestures are second to none. Pinch zoom and rotate works flawlessly 99% of the time in every drawing app I've used.

Status
Not open for further replies.