News iPhone 12 leak just revealed key specs — and there’s bad news

Sep 29, 2020
Once I read the title "iPhone 12 leak just confirmed key specs — this is insulting" and then the next line "The iPhone 12 will apparently start with very skimpy storage" I immediately looked for 16GB and was honestly dumbfounded at the clickbait title/opening sentence as finding it to actually be 64GB of storage. 64GB is more than enough baseline storage for these devices. And then this statement "Apple is one of a small number of companies that still sells premium phones with 64GB of storage, a shamefully small amount for most users' needs." I am still trying to figure out who "most" users you are referring to? I am on an iPhone 11 Pro Max (And I have been fortunate enough to purchase the latest and greatest phone every year, starting with the iPhone 3G) with 256GB of storage and I am using less than 64GB of storage on my device; have thousands of photos, some 4K video and 375 apps (To which I use maybe 40). What will I be doing when the iPhone 12 Pro Max comes out? Buying the least amount of storage available on that device and saving money... I think you really need to get a grip on reality.

Reactions: NeonHD and Lomelir

NeonHD

Estimable
Jul 15, 2017
Once I read the title "iPhone 12 leak just confirmed key specs — this is insulting" and then the next line "The iPhone 12 will apparently start with very skimpy storage" I immediately looked for 16GB and was honestly dumbfounded at the clickbait title/opening sentence as finding it to actually be 64GB of storage. 64GB is more than enough baseline storage for these devices. And then this statement "Apple is one of a small number of companies that still sells premium phones with 64GB of storage, a shamefully small amount for most users' needs." I am still trying to figure out who "most" users you are referring to? I am on an iPhone 11 Pro Max (And I have been fortunate enough to purchase the latest and greatest phone every year, starting with the iPhone 3G) with 256GB of storage and I am using less than 64GB of storage on my device; have thousands of photos, some 4K video and 375 apps (To which I use maybe 40). What will I be doing when the iPhone 12 Pro Max comes out? Buying the least amount of storage available on that device and saving money... I think you really need to get a grip on reality.

Same here dude, same here. That melodramatic title led me to believe that they were selling 16GB or 32GB as the base model (which Apple is previously known of doing). When I read 64GB, I was like 'ehh..', it's not that bad. Okay sure, most other flagships this year come in 128GB minimum, so I guess it's a minor disappointment, but it's really nothing to complain about.

Yeah, I think this author has too high of a standard, or is simply overstretching it. To me, 64GB sounds reasonable enough for a base model, especially considering that—a few years ago—their base models only came in 32GB. My only criticism is that they should've also offered a 512GB option as well.

Apr 5, 2020
It frankly doesn't make any sense anymore. It used to be that yes 32 and 64 and 128 and 512 were expensive sticks of memory and soldering them on a board made them cheaper or whatever. Generic 256gb microsd storage is -- not wholesale -- consumer pricing for one stick: $20. As in storage, not RAM. If you want to buy "brand name" 256 storage its (drumroll) $34 from amazon, Samsung brand. Thats consumer pricing, not pricing that a multi-million dollar unit order would get. How the [] are they still charging a premium for storage? The cost is completely artificial. Its not like they're putting PCIe 4.0 nvme's in phones for storage

These companies are milking us. I absolutely will not stand for it

Last edited by a moderator: