News iPhone 14 vs iPhone 14 Pro — get ready for the biggest differences in years

Mar 6, 2022
Wait, you don't want Apple to offer USB-C technology? That makes no sense at all. I can understand that you are probably blind to all other technologies, other then Apple, but USB-C is better on so many levels.

Mar 19, 2022
Wait, you don't want Apple to offer USB-C technology? That makes no sense at all. I can understand that you are probably blind to all other technologies, other then Apple, but USB-C is better on so many levels.

I registered to also comment about this. USB C on the iPhone 14 pro series would be awesome... no idea why the author of this article is opposed to it.

Mar 20, 2022
The author did not bring their wording A-game. I believe they meant to say "We hope USB-C isn't EXCLUSIVE to the 14 Pro" not "We hope USB-C doesn't come to iPhone at all" since the article discusses how Apple may keep Lightning on the lower models and USB-C to the Pro models.

Mar 20, 2022
What about Touch ID? Nobody talks about it, and it seems off the table, but I know a few ppl holding off from buying the new phones, waiting for the TouchID to make a comeback in Pro models…

Mar 6, 2022
I registered to also comment about this. USB C on the iPhone 14 pro series would be awesome... no idea why the author of this article is opposed to it.

Yeah, I don't understand why they wouldn't want both types of devices to share the same charger port technology. I have run into so many people over the years that only use Android or the iPhone and their views on this cater more to their preferred device types. So I read into this article that they don't want to use USB-C on their, iPhone, because that is the technology they prefer. Where as a guy like me who uses both technologies, I want both types to use one standard and that is it. I can still remember back in the day when every time I purchased a new phone, I had to buy yet another vehicle cell phone charger, because everyone used a different type of port.

Mar 6, 2022
The author did not bring their wording A-game. I believe they meant to say "We hope USB-C isn't EXCLUSIVE to the 14 Pro" not "We hope USB-C doesn't come to iPhone at all" since the article discusses how Apple may keep Lightning on the lower models and USB-C to the Pro models.

I wish they would clarify what they meant.

Mar 6, 2022
What about Touch ID? Nobody talks about it, and it seems off the table, but I know a few ppl holding off from buying the new phones, waiting for the TouchID to make a comeback in Pro models…

I support Touch ID. I don't know why it isn't put into every new phone. But the cell phone manufacturers are getting more and more greedy. When I purchase my Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra, it didn't ever come with a charger. I can buy a $20 phone and it comes with a charger, but Samsung no longer wants to add one to their $1500 phones. That's crazy! I ended up filling BBB complaint and Samsung then gave me gift cards to allow me to buy a charger.

Mark Spoonauer

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2014

Apologies, I meant that it would be bad if only the Pro got USB-C. I want both the regular models and Pros to have it. Piece is updated to reflect that.

varase

Honorable
Oct 29, 2016
Heh ... that would be hilarious.

Apple puts USB-C only on the Pro models, and sells only the more expensive Pro models in the EU.

The EU can then deal with all the smuggled in cheaper non-pro models with the oh so despised lightning port.

Just watching the EC busybodies go apoplectic attempting to force a foreign corporation to stop manufacturing cheaper lightning port models outside the EU simply because of the interface port selection would be worth the show: I'd buy a ticket.

Really, the only ones who really need USB-C are pros transferring large video files out of the phone.

Last edited:

Mark Spoonauer

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2014

Sorry I meant to say it would be bad if only the Pro got USB-C. I want it to come to both models. I updated the article to reflect this. thanks