IPhone 3G: LG Dare Or Simply Waiting May Be Better Choices

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Yes the other service providers are cheaper but you failed to mention one major sticking point. Sprint nor Verizon have network speeds of up to 1.4 Mb/s, they are stuck with CDMA's data speeds which are currently a third of that number. AT&T spent a good bit of cash on the #G deployment and in reality gave the original I-phone customers a break on their normal data rates because 3-g was not included. Now that everyone has to pay what other users on the same network were paying whether or not they got 3-g, the entire world thinks this is a travesty. If you dont like the I-phone ATT makes a nice phone called the Tilt that does just about everything the I-phone does except it doesn't have an onboad HD to speak of and it is windows based (I know every apple fan boy within 5' of theis comment just cringed).

G

Cowboy, your statement on CDMA vs. GSM data speeds is false. Google it. Currently having both CDMA (US Cellular) and GSM (AT&T) phones, I can say with certainty that CDMA is much better when it comes to overall service and call quality. I only endure AT&T's service because the iPhone is worth the headache. If in 4 years Apple puts out a CDMA version of the phone, I will be making the switch to it as quickly as possible.

Galroc

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2008
I wish I had my 60 seconds back. I realized who I was reading after I finished and it was the Microsoft shrill known as Rob Enderle.

Of course he hates the iPhone, it is running a microsoft OS!

Galroc

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2008
[citation][nom]Galroc[/nom]I wish I had my 60 seconds back. I realized who I was reading after I finished and it was the Microsoft shrill known as Rob Enderle.Of course he hates the iPhone, it is running a microsoft OS! [/citation]

typo. it isn't running a microsoft OS

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
As someone whos had ATT for a few years using both the HTC 8125 and currently has the HTC 8525 there is a HUGE difference between the 3G and non 3G service from ATT. I recently dropped my 8525 in a puddle and the screen has been going in and out. I eligible for an upgrade next month and and still up in the air as to which phone to get. If the Tilt is still $299 then I will probably get the $199 iPhone. The problem is I send and receive thousands of txts a month and really like the tactile feel of the slide out keyboard, but dont really think its worth paying the extra $100 for it. I have been on the 450 w/ unlimited data plan for years now, so the only difference will be the phone Im using.

nvalhalla

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2006
[citation][nom]Cowboy[/nom]Yes the other service providers are cheaper but you failed to mention one major sticking point. Sprint nor Verizon have network speeds of up to 1.4 Mb/s, they are stuck with CDMA's data speeds which are currently a third of that number. [/citation]

My CDMA Rev A Phone gets 1.5 Mbs sustained transfer speeds all day long. Bursts are even higher. Catch up.

Status
Not open for further replies.