iPhone 4 Orders Give AT&T Its 2nd Privacy Scandal

Status
Not open for further replies.

tntom

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2001
Every year AT&T and Apple have trouble with new Iphone releases.
They don't learn from the past or what. Any I.T. person worth his salt knows to fully test a system before implantation especially with a well advertised date for the Iphone release. This definitely reflects negatively on upper management.

Kira1188

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2010
AT&T keeps digging a deeper hole for itself. Their network can't handle all the iPhones (and I wonder how much trouble iPads add), they lie to their customers about their new data plans, they can't keep customer information safe... I wonder if they regret their exclusivity contract with Apple...

Ragnar-Kon

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
[citation][nom]ecnovaec[/nom]I have limited sympathy for people who are STILL giving ATT and Apple their money[/citation]
Very true.

Kind of sucks for Apple though, as it seems to me the weak link in the chain is AT&T, not Apple. Apple shoves out these products that everyone seems to like to buy, and yet AT&T doesn't have the network (or security, apparently) to actually support the products.

shovenose

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2009
my iphone doesnt work in west marin-so its usuless 5% of the time. then, it doesnt work in some spots in fairfax. another 1% down the drain. then, it only gets 1 or 2 bars at my house. another 4% useless. so i only have a phone that works in 90% or less of the places i need it to. and my friends very basic, old nokia crap always has at least 1 bar more than i do :(

theuerkorn

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2009
I was waiting for this post and the flaming to begin. Nevertheless, AT&T is in trouble and I hope for all users to resolve those problems quickly. I still want my iPhone4.

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
[citation][nom]tntom[/nom]Every year AT&T and Apple have trouble with new Iphone releases. They don't learn from the past or what. Any I.T. person worth his salt knows to fully test a system before implantation especially with a well advertised date for the Iphone release. This definitely reflects negatively on upper management.[/citation]

Who's saying (authoritatively) that they didn't test it? Sounds more likely that, given the allegations of fraud issues, they found themselves under attack by someone who found a way to skew their web forms and allow known logins to cross into other database data. After that's accomplished, all the attacker has to do is fire up a script running through the login sequence gobbling up private info. It would take a horrifically badly written web app to fail in such a way that it just started accidentally sharing private info with anyone who logged in.

Then again, maybe their best guys are in the App Store testing team making sure that the latest round of ipad-compatible fart apps run with blazing efficiency.

flame suit ON

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
[citation][nom]christopherknapp[/nom]Ordered mine just fine at 10pm last night.[/citation]

That's what you think. When an empty box shows up and your credit card shows you actually ordered 10 of them, you might have a different opinion on what "just fine" means.

gpace

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010
Goes to show that when you make a pretty product, people don't care about anything else.

Still waiting for a replacement for my 6 year old PDA.

G

if they can't get an ordering system working right what chances does 4g have.......

thesupermedium

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2009
Good thing I used the Apple website! Pre-Ordered mine today. Arguments aside, Apple does have a way with peripherals. Make a computer as complicated as you want and it'll fit a niche, but complex hard to use peripherals will never catch on. Apple hit spot on in that sector at least.

flachet

Distinguished
May 27, 2010
[citation][nom]shovenose[/nom]my iphone doesnt work in west marin-so its usuless 5% of the time. then, it doesnt work in some spots in fairfax. another 1% down the drain. then, it only gets 1 or 2 bars at my house. another 4% useless. so i only have a phone that works in 90% or less of the places i need it to. and my friends very basic, old nokia crap always has at least 1 bar more than i do[/citation]

There is a Droid for you too. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.