iPhone 4G/HD Possibly Discovered on Bar Floor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomtompiper

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2010
Can it make a phone call? If it can it's a phone, get rid of all the rest of the crap extend the battery life and I might think about buying one.

Ragnar-Kon

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
You'd think they found a pot of gold or something.

And hopefully the person that dropped the phone will keep their job, even if they do work for Apple.

warezme

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2006
I dunno, there are a lot of Chinese manufactured iphone knockoffs that are very good but if it has a ceramic enclosure I would tend to believe it is legit.

mkyam

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2010
Possibly intentionally dropped by Apple so the hype can begin boiling towards the release of the iPhone HD. Anyway, not excited.

DoofusOfDeath

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2009
I'm a very tech-oriented guy living in the U.S., but I've never owned a cell phone. It seems in general like they offer very little benefit, compared to the cost and compared to the frustrations people have with billing and with whatever app store is associated with their brand of phone.

So when I see people getting outright frantic about a new Apple phone, I'm doubly mystified.

Would someone please explain to me what makes cell phones such a big deal as to garner this level of interest?

babybeluga

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2010
I'm thinking that the person (an Apple employee) got paid off to 'lose' this device for somebody to conveniently 'find'. What are the odds of one lost phone making its way to tech sites so soon? Seems like Apple has a leak to stop.

bipolargraph

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2009
The most expensive iPad has 64 gigs of storage, and this thing has 80?
I'm guessing they won't make much of these, probably a special edition or something.

gpace

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010
It's either purposely "dropped" to create more hype (as evident here), or the person who dropped it is fired or worse.

Anyone else find the shape and ports out of the norm for Apple?

jamie_macdonald

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2010
[citation][nom]DoofusOfDeath[/nom]I'm a very tech-oriented guy living in the U.S., but I've never owned a cell phone. It seems in general like they offer very little benefit, compared to the cost and compared to the frustrations people have with billing and with whatever app store is associated with their brand of phone.So when I see people getting outright frantic about a new Apple phone, I'm doubly mystified.Would someone please explain to me what makes cell phones such a big deal as to garner this level of interest?[/citation]

If i could i would lol ... I have an N97, good phone .. does more that a phone typically does ... but it as the iphone ... is hardly newsworthy!
I suppose that's why forced and fashion hype is the only way to get this publicity .. seems to work tho eh ... everywhere you go . .relentless applecrap ... good job there are far less people buying them than there are talking about them or we would be doomed!

babybeluga

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2010
[citation][nom]DoofusOfDeath[/nom]I'm a very tech-oriented guy living in the U.S., but I've never owned a cell phone. It seems in general like they offer very little benefit, compared to the cost and compared to the frustrations people have with billing and with whatever app store is associated with their brand of phone.[/citation]

You know there are cell phones out there that have nothing to do with buying apps? I've never owned a smartphone nor bought anything for my cell phone, but I can see the appeal (going to college, I see a lot of people who play with their phones instead of having real world interaction. I've done it! Tetris demo ftw!). I don't see how you could be employed without having a cell phone in all honesty.

rhino13

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
All I'm thinking is this is a corprate spy op.

No way somebody's just carrying around the next iPhoney, and then just decides: "Oh, since I have this with me, maybe I should take it to the bar!"

Status
Not open for further replies.