iPhone 4G in June with Cortex A8, More RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
Starting to get a good idea of what to expect from the 4th generation iPhone and it is looking good. From my personal experience the iPhone 3G S is still the 'snappiest' smartphone to date. The Incredible is a close second but the lack of open/close animations and the SMS scroll lag puts it closely behind the iPhone. Looking forward to seeing more in depth hardware specs when the device is actually released.

It's a great time to be coming off your phone contract. Does anyone know what Sprint has up its sleeve as far as Android devices? They've got a killer $30 data/text only plan (unlimited) that I'd love to sign up for except the Sprint phone lineup pretty much sucks at the moment. (Evo 4G is not what I'm looking for.)

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]xbeater[/nom]might be worth getting... if it was priced right, but knowing Apple, I think it is more likely that I will see a purple elephant on the street tomorrow![/citation]

Yeah. The iPhone 3G and 3G S were crazy expensive compared to phones from other companies like HTC. I mean you can get a Droid Incredible for only $200. Compare that to the outrageously priced iPhone 3G S at $200 and the 3G at $100. But, what can you expect from Apple?

kayvonjoon

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2009
I'm seriously getting tired of all this iphone hype. This is what the original iphone should've looked like and that's what makes the 4g hype boring.

Android 4 Life!

mattfoo2324

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2009
Two Apple birds (iPhone 4G's) have flown the nest already, 4.5 million more to follow in a month. Too bad they never get a chance to spread their wings... They all get shot down by AT&T.

fooldog01

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2009
Feel free to correct me if I am on the wrong track here but doesn't it seem a bit ill advised to spend the resources moving to a non-industry standard 960 x 640 resolution if you are going to retain the somewhat small 3.5" screen? Wouldn't most people rather have WVGA and maybe an extra 2 or 3 tenths of an inch of screen real estate if you had to have a tradeoff? How much of a difference can a res bump like that really make on a screen that small?

itadakimasu

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2008
Flash Support? Or are they expecting everybody on the internet to convert their sites to HTML 5?

I'm up for an upgrade and it would be a nice upgrade from my 3g... but the lack of flash support and not being able to seamlessly surf the internet is a huge down side.

rsg22

Distinguished
May 3, 2010
I have a 3G too the comes out of contract end of this month. You won't get Flash on any mobile Apple products, forget it. I'll see what the 4G has to offer but I think I'll be moving to a Desire soon as I prefer the customisability of it.

mattfoo2324

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2009
[citation][nom]fooldog01[/nom]Feel free to correct me if I am on the wrong track here but doesn't it seem a bit ill advised to spend the resources moving to a non-industry standard 960 x 640 resolution if you are going to retain the somewhat small 3.5" screen? Wouldn't most people rather have WVGA and maybe an extra 2 or 3 tenths of an inch of screen real estate if you had to have a tradeoff? How much of a difference can a res bump like that really make on a screen that small?[/citation]

I think they are trying to differentiate as much as possible between the iPad and iPhone, which leads to the smaller screen size. Just my thoughts on it. And saying the screen is higher resolution than Android doesn't hurt. Without seeing the new iPhone screen, I'd take the Incredible screen right now, it's beautiful.

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]itadakimasu[/nom]Flash Support? Or are they expecting everybody on the internet to convert their sites to HTML 5?I'm up for an upgrade and it would be a nice upgrade from my 3g... but the lack of flash support and not being able to seamlessly surf the internet is a huge down side.[/citation]

I'm perfectly fine without flash. In fact if there is not an ability to turn off flash in Android 2.2 I definitely will not be purchasing an Android device.

osxsier

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2009
I been using 3G for 2 years. Cant say I miss flash much. I can do everything I need to do for a mobile device. If I need to run anything flash related, I have my home PC which is many times more powerful than any Android phone.

p05esto

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2001
DOWN with APPLE. Just stop, just ignore this EVIL company. Those black turtleneck wearing, prius-driving, green weinies need to get sucker-punched into the abyss. If you are on this site you MUST not fall for the crap Apple peddles!

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
[citation][nom]fooldog01[/nom]Feel free to correct me if I am on the wrong track here but doesn't it seem a bit ill advised to spend the resources moving to a non-industry standard [...] [/citation]

LOL, you must be new here! This is Apple; before long you will be carrying around an ipad-sized phone, and *thanking* them for the privilege. Industry standards be damned!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS