iPhone 4S Cases Already Appearing at AT&T

Status
Not open for further replies.

cirdecus

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2008
why are we assuming they're going to announce an iPhone 5? I think it's pretty obvious that the only product coming down the channels is the modified 4 version...

If they had planned on a second phone release, we'd be seeing cases and other things as well.

avaksman

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2011
I don’t think there will be an iphone 5 in October. I honestly think they will bring out an Iphone 4s with an A5 Chip, maybe 1Gb Ram, and a 8Mp camera. In any case when the Iphone 4s comes out it will sell like hot cakes, so there won’t be a need for an Iphone 5(at this stage at least). I Might be wrong but looking at Apples past this would be the same path they took before. Hopefully I am wrong and there will be something more exciting.

cirdecus

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2008
I agree. It makes sense that if they're debuting some cloud features on the 4S that they would want to test it in the market before implementing a sweeping change in their iphone 5. I can see the 5 being released next June with a huge overhaul and lots of cloud features while the 4S paves the way for it

avaksman

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2011
[citation][nom]belardo[/nom]Why posts this stuff? An article about packaging or otter skin for speculation belongs on an Apple-fan-boy site.[/citation]

The standard reason for writing about things that may not be significant, is the writer couldn't find any other news he felt was worth while. Reason being there is really nothing interesting out there or the people getting the news scoops are not very good ;).

MxM

Distinguished
May 23, 2005
What a hell "iPhone 4S may be cloud-based" phrase mean? Being cloud based is property of operating system, not of hardware.

cirdecus

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2008
[citation][nom]MxM[/nom]What a hell "iPhone 4S may be cloud-based" phrase mean? Being cloud based is property of operating system, not of hardware.[/citation]

As you know, they're releasing a revision to iOS at the same time, so there's your answer. As far as the hardware, it will probably be updated to increase speed and even performance of cloud features in the OS. Maybe 4G?

cirdecus

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2008
I can't imagine cloud services in the new iOS running well on hardware that supports only 3G speeds... so yes, the hardware contributes. A 4G capable phone with a faster chip and more RAM would basically compliment any cloud features released in the new iOS

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
[citation][nom]MxM[/nom]What a hell "iPhone 4S may be cloud-based" phrase mean? Being cloud based is property of operating system, not of hardware.[/citation]
'cloud-based' means cloud based.

(remotely hosted applications and data)

rajohns08

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2011
there's simply no way an iphone 5 comes out this fall also. what's going to have? ios6, 20 megapixel camera, and 2.0 GHz Triple core processor? No. It will come out in the summer at earliest

G

"new" phones?
so they are going to have new features, or look different?

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]avaksman[/nom]The standard reason for writing about things that may not be significant, is the writer couldn't find any other news he felt was worth while. Reason being there is really nothing interesting out there or the people getting the news scoops are not very good .[/citation]
Really?
Slow news day?
Nothing else of interest to report?
Seeing as a lot of stories are copy/paste from other tech sites (nothing wrong with that by the way) are you seriouly suggesting that nothing else in the world of tech and IT is happening that is more important than a speculative story about a phone case?
UN-FRIKKIN-BELIEVABLE
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/09/22/cern_spots_ftl_neutrinos/

How about CERN proving that Neutrinos travel faster than light, busting the laws of physics wide open?
Nope?
iPhone plastic case!!!!!!! oooooooooooh, I just jizzed all over my keyboard, aaahhhhhhhhh
/rant

cirdecus

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2008
Obviously there should be an age limit on Tom's forums. 12-year olds angry about Apple's success.. *sadface*.

In all honesty, a lot of people are interested in the release on Oct. 4th and articles like this give clues as to what device will be announced.

santfu

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2010
[citation][nom]Cirdecus[/nom]Obviously there should be an age limit on Tom's forums. 12-year olds angry about Apple's success.. *sadface*.In all honesty, a lot of people are interested in the release on Oct. 4th and articles like this give clues as to what device will be announced.[/citation]
I'm not 12 but i am angry about apples success, apple is the wrong way for humanity to go, we need to be taught that we can learn what we like and not have it taken out of our hands be some corporation or other. You can say what you like about the Microsoft but at least they promote innovation in the people using their software (i'm coding using asp.net MVC at the moment, check out what they give away to help you learn!). Unlike the highly proscribed, some might say overly controlling, philosophy of apple who even make a "feature" of telling you that you already know how to use their devices. Come on people your human, not ameobas. Take joy in learning something new, and smile at the satisfaction you will feel after achieving it.
So you bet Cirdecus i am angry. I've grown up with computers, my first was a speccy my dad bought us when i was 4, and i can't remeber another company that had so much hype about its new products to the point when tech-sites like this one write an article about a third-party case to an as yet unknown product.

I feel better now i've got that off my chest

Status
Not open for further replies.