iPhone 5 in Trial Production Stage for Q3 Launch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

distanted

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2010
I'm guessing the lab guys have been holding this every which way possible...the only thing left to figure out now is where to 'accidentally' leave one so the free buzz can begin.

ap3x

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
[citation][nom]Wish I Was Wealthy[/nom]Also I hope that these new iPhone 5's will last a lot longer than their warranty period does...[/citation]

Mine has been fine since I bought it opening day. The only thing I can't stand it the damn drop calls in my area but that is a carrier issue.

chickenhoagie

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2010
I hope there is a hell of a lot more new features than this, otherwise I think my iphone 4 will be just fine..Boy, if it weren't for the built-in ipod, I would have already gotten an android phone by now.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]chickenhoagie[/nom]I hope there is a hell of a lot more new features than this, otherwise I think my iphone 4 will be just fine..Boy, if it weren't for the built-in ipod, I would have already gotten an android phone by now.[/citation]
Yeah, I guess buying music via iTunes kinda forces you into having an iPhone, even if it's not as good

Do you think Apple did that by accident?

thechief73

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2010
I am out of the iWhatever loop and glad to be, but if the new iPhone5 is coming so soon wouldn't all the time, money, development, fixing, and press about white iPhone4 just be all a complete waste on Apple's part? Whats the point of creating it (and supposedly still fixing it) if it is going to be replaced in just a few months? or was Apple just buying time? Well I guess they have plenty of poor saps money to cover the bill anyhow :-( . Sure Apple has some creative products but their business practices are shameful.

toastninja17

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009
Awesome!! I'm excited to see what the new design looks like. Oh and as far as signal issues go, I've been using the otterbox defender case with every iPhone it's been available for, including the 4 when it became available for the iPhone 4. So ultra-protected AND no detected signal attenuation.

ap3x

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
[citation][nom]feeddagoat[/nom]Wonder if they get it to tell the time correctly too[/citation]

Huh??? The IPhone 4 tells time just fine. It gets it from the cell tower which uses the national clock.

ap3x

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]Yeah, I guess buying music via iTunes kinda forces you into having an iPhone, even if it's not as goodDo you think Apple did that by accident?[/citation]

It is called a Ecosystem and it is why they have the customers that they do. All their stuff works together and nothing is disjointed. Instead of releasing a phone with no support for anything but itself they release a phone that works with everything they make. Is there something wrong with that? Google also has their own ecosystem but it is very different because search is their core competency. Apps came later down the road predominantly due to the success Apple had with their applications on IPod Touch, which later exploded on the IPhone and now the IPad.

ap3x

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
[citation][nom]chickenhoagie[/nom]I hope there is a hell of a lot more new features than this, otherwise I think my iphone 4 will be just fine..Boy, if it weren't for the built-in ipod, I would have already gotten an android phone by now.[/citation]

I generally skip a generation unless there is a significant feature that warrants the move. IPhone 4 has been a solid phone thus far. Issues with the carrier are a pain in the arse but that is about it. Have not had any crashes or lockups or anything. GPS signal performance leaves a bit to be desired but that tends to fluctuate with IOS updates. My phone use is a bit more than allot of people because I use it for business so I live off the damn thing and the commercial apps are great. I can do expense reports, scan business cards, scan barcodes to order stuff that I need, check my flights and flight paths, you name it I can do it on my phone and it has not crashed, locked up or anything. In my view solid phone under heavy use. Direct access to corporate VPN as well as my business email for both my personal business as well as my full time job. Apps like Dropbox and Evernote allow me to store notes and documents in the cloud and is synced automatically to my laptop and my workstation. All that and then I can see my wife an kid while on the road. It meets my needs nicely.

People talk about all these stats and specs that mean shit on a mobile device, at the end of the day, can you use your phone to accomplish and make your daily tasks easier above and beyond taking a phone call and without interruption. There are not many phones that provide that (and I have had a ton of em). On top of all of that, I have a problem, I take it into the Apple store, and they replace it. Done, Simple, No damn insurance needed, no red tape.

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]Yeah, I guess buying music via iTunes kinda forces you into having an iPhone, even if it's not as goodDo you think Apple did that by accident?[/citation]

That's funny since most of the music in my iPhone 4 is NOT from iTunes. Thaks for playing, though.

dark_lord69

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2006
[citation][nom]ap3x[/nom]Huh??? The IPhone 4 tells time just fine. It gets it from the cell tower which uses the national clock.[/citation]
Daylight savings time didn't go so well for a lot of people.

znegval

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2009
[citation][nom]JOSHSKORN[/nom]Maybe they should let big American hands hold the iPhone 5 rather than the Chinese to check for attenuation problems. No offense.[/citation]

Saying "no offense" isn't a blank check for being offensive, you know.

ap3x

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
[citation][nom]dark_lord69[/nom]Daylight savings time didn't go so well for a lot of people.[/citation]

Oh, I did not have the problem so I had no idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.