iPhone 5 to Have GSM+CDMA for Verizon + AT&T?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruffopurititiwang

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2009
It seems that built in obsolescence is a staple feature on every version of the iPhone. I could say the same thing about other brands but nobody does it at such magnitude, and gets away with it, as Apple.

AndrewMD

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2008
Apple will have more competition, but honestly, unless App developers make their product available to the other phones, some people will find it hard to switch.

tntom

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2001
It seems that built in obsolescence is a staple feature on every version of the iPhone. I could say the same thing about other brands but nobody does it at such magnitude, and gets away with it, as Apple.
Exactly what I was thinking

bobusboy

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
This spam is getting unreal toms. fix this shit.

PS: I don't care for apple, but I don't even use 3G, I'll wait to see what you can do with 4G

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]bobusboy[/nom]This spam is getting unreal toms. fix this ****.PS: I don't care for apple, but I don't even use 3G, I'll wait to see what you can do with 4G[/citation]

We're working on implementing a ban-by-IP option but until then it's just each author/moderators sitting in front of their PC at 1am banning as it happens. We try to get to them asap but we have to sleep sometimes! :sleep:

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
[citation][nom]AndrewMD[/nom]Apple will have more competition, but honestly, unless App developers make their product available to the other phones, some people will find it hard to switch.[/citation]

which is why I think it was a poor move by MS to not make it as easy as possible to port between ios and WP7, exclusively supporting a language that no one uses on ios is a poor move. especially when all other platforms made moves to make porting easier. (iphone supports c/c++, so android added the NDK, to add c/c++ support, palm, nokia, all switched to openGL c/c++ models too)

regardless of your language preference, it just makes sense that microsoft - the developer's advocate - and new entry to the highly competitive smartphone 'app' scene, would make it as easy as possible to move existing apps to their platform. and I don't think they have done that.

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]bobusboy[/nom]And there it is again[/citation]

Yeah, you're right. Here I am, middle of the night, banning them left, right and center but damn it, I should be working faster! Someone dock the imaginary compensation I'm getting for all this extra work!!!

adamboy64

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010
I would think Apple would want to be moving on to their next iPhone pretty quickly; and move on from the mess that the iPhone 4 has been for them.

Apple, before releasing it though, just make sure you test it this time, to see if it works properly.

bobusboy

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
[citation][nom]JMcEntegart[/nom]Yeah, you're right. Here I am, middle of the night, banning them left, right and center but damn it, I should be working faster! Someone dock the imaginary compensation I'm getting for all this extra work!!![/citation]

No need to be snotty, I was remarking that as soon as you got rid of the first 3 spam posts on this, another one shows up. It was an exasperated comment which was not targeting you.

bobusboy

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
Sorry for the double post, but it's not the author I have an issue with it's the spam. I feel like I'm a part of the Monty Python skit where they start singing "spam,spam,spam,spam,spamity, spam, spamity spamity...." etc. in between and over top of the other lines.

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
lol. quick! everyone! Let's facelift bar!

don't bother filtering them manually... god, that sounds horrible! just as long as some automated fix is coming... we're cool. we'll just down vote them for now.

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
When has Apple keenly taken up cutting edge technology? Their laptops run dated processors, and so does their desktop offerings. iPod touch has been lingering around the 64GB mark for 2 generations now. iPhone 3G came 2/3 years after major 3G networks had gone online.

It's just part of being Apple.

G

[citation][nom]mayankleoboy1[/nom]when iphone 5 comes, it will have a minuscule 1% share of the market comprising of CRAPPLE lickers[/citation]

For the love of God, give it a rest. I'm fed up with the sheer amount of needless Apple hating that goes on on this website.

For the record, I'm certainly a PC user. I don't particularly like Apple's policies and business practices any more than the next hater and I could never justify shelling out the kind of money that Apple ask for a lot of their products. Having said that, I chose to buy an iPhone 4 of my own accord because, despite its flaws, it's a reasonably solid, handsome phone that does everything I want it to do without taking itself too seriously.

Yes, I probably could have bought an Android phone that does more for less money, but that is completely irrelevant. It's my money and I chose to spent it on an iPhone 4, as many people do. Accept this, get over it, and stop whining.

Thx.

urlsen

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2007
Your dooing a good job Jane (iPad on shoulder)its ewtgrehytr who should be shoot behind the shead...

Ohh and an apple a day keeps the doctor away, the only reason i would buy one :)

ap3x

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
[citation][nom]ruffopurititiwang[/nom]It seems that built in obsolescence is a staple feature on every version of the iPhone. I could say the same thing about other brands but nobody does it at such magnitude, and gets away with it, as Apple.[/citation]

Please explain how the IPhone 4 is obsolete compared to what? It still has a better screen than any phone on the market, there is only 2 other phones whose camera ranks better and neither one of those runs Android, it has a front facing camera, which again, only one other Andriod device (EVO4) has. Does not sound obsolete to me.

Can't say 4g is why it is obsolete because neither Verizon or AT&T have their networks rolled out yet and even when they do the coverage will suck for 2 years while they install everything.

Andriod phones are nice devices and I respect the passion but you guys are delusional if you think that the IPhone will not sell well on Verizons network. It will more than likely outpace Android sales on Verizon.

Status
Not open for further replies.