iPhone 6.1.3 unlock

Status
Not open for further replies.

phanny30

Honorable
Apr 7, 2013
I have an iPhone 4s 16GB that is locked with Rogers and my plan is with Telus. Does anyone have a free or really cheap way to unlock it with version 6.1.3?

No. If your iOS is that high, 99.9999% percent chance your baseband has been updated and the ONLY lock for that is a hardware unlock that costs around $100. There is no hack that will unlock the higher baseband, no jailbreaking, no cyidia app, nothing, no way, zilch. $100 or nothing.

If you own the phone, Rogers should give you a code. If you bought off Kijiji or something, good luck. It's a $100.

phanny30

Honorable
Apr 7, 2013

Is there anyway to downgrade my 4s from 6.1.3. to a version where i can unlock for free?

No. If there was, I would have suggested it. It has nothing to do with the iOS version anyways, it's all about the baseband for unlocking and the latest basebands can't be software unlocked anymore with any tool that we have access to, and there is no way to downgrade basebands anymore either.

Apanzee

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012
I realize you live in Canada because of the carriers you listed; I do as well.

However unlocking is still against the forum rules as the site is based in the US, and it's illegal there. For this reason I have to ask you not to request assistance with this here. There's a sticky here on the matter, which you should read. It has a link in it you may find helpful. As was said above, and is covered in the sticky, the carriers should supply you an unlock code for a fee depending on the contract status of the device. I'm going to close this thread now.

Status
Not open for further replies.