iPhone 6 Might Be Best Pocket Camera You Can Buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
"Again, Samsung pioneered this by adding OIS to its new Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy Note Edge. We haven't had a chance to test out the OIS in these cameras"

good job proclaiming something the best camera without even checking out the competition.

"The Samsung, and some other phones, also shoot video at Ultra HD (aka 4K) resolution. But really, there aren't many places to watch that video, and it seriously hogs storage space on a phone. "

Storage is not an issue if the phone has expendable storage; coincidentally, Samsung phones offer that option. Again, the OP felt the need to downplay a feature not present in the iPhone, but offered by the competition.
Such "reviews" are the main reason I am getting serious tech news elsewhere. I am not even making Samsung's case here, just pointing out bad journalism.

jakjawagon

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2010
the company tends to not introduce a technology until it's thoroughly baked.
Inb4 Apple Maps

The larger iPhone 6 Plus also incorporates optical image stabilization — a technology that's almost universal in point-and-shoot cameras, but very rare in phones. Again, Samsung pioneered this by adding OIS to its new Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy Note Edge.
Don't know where you've been, but quite a few recent smartphones have OIS. A quick google suggests that the Lumia 920 was the first smartphone with OIS, and that came out in late 2012.

Steven Ealy

Estimable
Sep 9, 2014
Nokia makes the best smartphone cameras hands down. The iPhone 6's 8MP shooter may be able to let in more light, but it cant handle as high of an ISO as the 1020 or 1520 can. From the sample shots I looked it, they were horrible. Way too grainy. Not even close to Nokia's quality.

P-AKT

Estimable
Oct 2, 2014
The iPhone 6 is a great "phone" camera, but it will never reach the image quality or low-light performance that is achieved by the Sony RX100M3.

Status
Not open for further replies.